Sick 1UZ longevity?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

-Nemesis-

The 1UZ in my 4Runner started compressing the crank case pretty heavily after 2 years of supercharging on a DIY tune. I don't think there's major damage, probably just flooged rings. After 5 min of running it will start pumping oily vapours out the PCV's and dip stick tube if stick is removed.

I hadn't started it for 3 months till the other day, when I did it turned over after only 2 starter motor revs. It idles fine, runs fine, drives fine, sounds fine etc... But it is compressing the oil.

My question is, if people have educated opinions; how long can I expect the engine to last?

My guess is that if I keep feeding it fresh oil frequently (thick stuff) it should soldier on. The only issue i can see is the exhaust gasses corrupting the oil and reducing it's lubrication. I will set up some sort of oil seperator for the PCV's etc...

Only asking because I was going to sell her, but am thinking of keeping for my daily/toy and can't afford a new engine yet (even though they're still only a grand.)

Other than oil breakdown and wear issues, what other issues are there i'm not thinking of (other than some random spectacular break down if the issue is a melted piston etc)?

As long as it has oil in the sump it will run.

You've probably detonated it a few too many times.

Why not dial back the timing a degree or two and drive on.

There are some interesting Nulon products out there that can reduce the blowby.

Another alternative is get rid of the boost and things wil improve as well.

Yeah I pulled the blower off it today, that has been sold already, should have mentioned that. Currently modifying the LPG injector nozzles to suit NA (soldering up and re-drilling), I only have tuning access to fuel not timing though.

I have bought some uber thick oil to try mask the blowby enough for a rego check this week.

I'll have to dig out a compression tester and see how bad it is I guess. I only really noticed originally as I had a filter on the TB side PCV valve. One day sitting at the lights I noticed smoke coming out of the bonnet on that side so I quickly pulled over thinking something was smoldering. Turned out it was that filter clogged with oil.

I think the blow bye has significant pressure, but I did have fairly thin synthetic oil in it, will see tomorrow what it's like with the extra thick stuff.

So far so good, it has thick oil in it. But when I fixed it up for re-rego I noticed the moisture seperator I had on the (Aus) passenger side PCV was pretty well clogged.

I've since plugged that side straight back to the manifold. I then made up a DIY catch can for the throttle body side.

What i've noticed so far is, nothing. Doesn't blow any smoke, goes fine, goes hard to redline. I just checked the oil after 3 days of hard driving and it's still clean as.

Once you removed the supercharger you also removed a lot of additional boost that would be contributing to the blow by.