Project Thread SC400T (Lextreme's Version)

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
A little update. The downpipe & complete exhaust system are done. Driver size of the intercooler is done. Next week will be complete with the intercooler's passenger size, along with the fuel pump & the FMU, and hopefully the oil lines.

1 thing that scared me is that I found the front & rear bumper reinforcement bars are missing. I think the body shop who installed the body kit didn't put them back. I'm so lucky that I wasn't involved in any front & rear accidents. :yawn: I won't go back to that shop again.

Do any of you who knows a place that sells used reinforcement bars & the foams?

get in touch with Gazi Ali, known as Aliga...He is your man for used parts...

Ryan

Steve,

Stop all the tease... FIRE IT UP!. The gang will be coming over your house this SUNDAY 12 noon and we all going to demand that engine to be runing.

David,

The teasing is meant for reality. And reality takes sometimes to become real.

John,

Yes. I've been driving my Tacoma all the time. Even though it's a V6, it's like a slug. I drove James's SC swap and it's so different.

Update....The engine is eventually firing up. :firedevil: It fires up on the 2nd crank after 1 year. Isn't that amazing? When it first initially starting, a lot of smoke coming around the engine, exhaust pipes, and from the muffler. Too much moisture and other chemical got accumulated. The exhaust sound is really nice. It's deep, powerful, and resembles the new Ford GT40. I'm not exaggerating. I happened to drive side by side with the GT40. I love it. I'll post the pictures this weekend.

Thanks to David. I relocated the BOV in front of the MAF and the engine doesn't stall anymore when I release the gas. I'll install the boost gauge and the A/F this weekend, then I'll feel more comfortable to play with it.

Thats great new steve, glad to hear its finally running!!

Where did you have the BOV located before that caused your car to stall?

Thats great new steve, glad to hear its finally running!!

Where did you have the BOV located before that caused your car to stall?
I had the BOV about 10" behind the MAF and in front of the TB. This caused the engine to stall whenever the gas is release and pushed the BOV to open. I then put the BOV in front of the MAF about 10" and it's just normal now. I think some other members put the BOV in front of the supercharger and they also had no problem. As long as the BOV is before the MAF, but not directly, then it's ok. I heard you're also getting your turbo project going so let's get it done quick.

John,
The beer for the winner is coming. Get ready, my friend. I think it'll really be amazing and fun if 4 of us local boosted SC400s rolling along. You, David, James, and I.

Sounds good.

Yep I'm hoping to knock it out before december. I'm waiting on the fan pulley for the LS400 fan bracket and the Cat flanges to fab my up-pipe.