Performance Division

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

raminduction

This is going to make everybody feel bad, but Toyota is just too timid to have a real Lexus performance division. Their target market for the LS is dead people, and any car company that is too lame to offer a stick shift in their aledged performace cars (GS series) isn't really interested in performance; especiallywhen they use such extra-lame excuses like: "our buyers prefer sissy-shifters (automatics)". And don't rag on me for presenting facts that conflict with pre-conceived notions, as I also own a LS 400 and have been trying for several years to come up with some REAL performance stuff that not only works but is RELIABLE. Short of swapping the pathetic 4.0 for a 340-6 pack (which would vaporize the Lexus differential) and a decent tranny, the only other semi-viable option is to go with Lextreme's supercharger. That, however, still doesn't solve the transmission shortcommings (3-spd w/OD).

Well, looking through your post, I see a few points where I disagree with you. First, with the LS being marketed at dead people.. the new LS is coming out with 380 hp/370 lb/ft.. if thats what the marketing execs over at Lexus think dead people want.. im all for it. Also, as for the lack of a stick shift in the performance car.. Mercedes fails to offer a stick on their SL, but do offer 604 hp/ 738 lb/ft of torque.. therefore I conclude that they don't have to offer a stickshift to make a high performance auto. Sure it helps, but conventional stickshifts are on the way out (Looking at some real high-performance cars, the Porsche 997TT performs better to 60 with the tiptronic, and the Ferrari Challenge Stradale did not even offer a stickshift in its production run). Also, as for modifying your 1uzfe.. you have many options. You can stay N/A although I have yet to see any major power coming from that avenue, but there are various turbo diagrams out there, nitrous is doable, and as you mentioned, you can go for a blower. Will you need to strengthen the transmission.. yep, but your trying to convert a huge sedan to a rocket.. your gonna have to go through a few hoops to do it.

This is going to make everybody feel bad, but Toyota is just too timid to have a real Lexus performance division. Their target market for the LS is dead people, and any car company that is too lame to offer a stick shift in their aledged performace cars (GS series) isn't really interested in performance; especiallywhen they use such extra-lame excuses like: "our buyers prefer sissy-shifters (automatics)". And don't rag on me for presenting facts that conflict with pre-conceived notions, as I also own a LS 400 and have been trying for several years to come up with some REAL performance stuff that not only works but is RELIABLE. Short of swapping the pathetic 4.0 for a 340-6 pack (which would vaporize the Lexus differential) and a decent tranny, the only other semi-viable option is to go with Lextreme's supercharger. That, however, still doesn't solve the transmission shortcommings (3-spd w/OD).

The new 2008 Lexus LS600L will be building their line in the future around a flagship hybrid vehicle. They used the bright lights of the New York Auto Show as the forum to show off the new 2008 LS600 hL. This is not the Prius-style hybrid that you are used to. It has a five-liter direct injection V8 engine which combines with a two-stage ‘electronic continuously variable transmission’ to produce up to 430 horsepower. That amount of power is equivalent to what is normally seen from a six liter V12. AWD makes sure that power makes it to the road.

The fuel consumption figures haven’t yet been announced, but they are rumored to in the same range as a mid-sized AWD V6 sedan. That means you get a V8 with V12 power for V6 gas bills. A pretty good deal. Combine that with the fact that the car will be certified as a Super Ultra Low Emissions Vehicle, meaning emission levels 70% below competitors, and environmentalists with a need for power and luxury can rejoice. No word yet on price or availability, but it definitely won’t be cheap. My guess is that six figures to the left of the decimal are likely.

7401_large.jpg

The new LS is very sweet...Looks like a Bimmer, and has all the accoutrements of a Lexus.

BTW, for performance for Lexus, add this one as well: RyaTuned...The SC400TT maker...:happysad:

Ryan:madfawk:

Intake and exhaust mods may get that car closer to the 500hp mark. That would make it compete with the AMG Mercedes class....Wonder what the sticker price is going to be on that beast...I'm sure you will have to re-finance your home to afford one of those.....NICE anyway.....AWD too....WOW...

Waiting to see what the mpg figures are.
Not that the mpg matters. Like my great grandfather always said, "If you can afford a new tractor, you can afford a new barn to put it in". My grandfather said, "If you can afford the muscle, you can afford the gas.". Oh so true LoL!

The new 2008 Lexus LS600L will be building their line in the future around a flagship hybrid vehicle. They used the bright lights of the New York Auto Show as the forum to show off the new 2008 LS600 hL. This is not the Prius-style hybrid that you are used to. It has a five-liter direct injection V8 engine which combines with a two-stage ‘electronic continuously variable transmission’ to produce up to 430 horsepower. That amount of power is equivalent to what is normally seen from a six liter V12. AWD makes sure that power makes it to the road.

if you dont mind me saying, ther is no normal output for V12s. if you want an average, you can expect something around 500, not 450.

Honda for Homo....Nick too funny.....

Toys, I like your great grandfather and his sayings...My saying is if you can't afford it then borrow to get it and worry about the MPG later...I thing your grandfather is the wiser man........