New kw figures for the GT8

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

JustenGT8

Hi all,
I've just got the red beast back on the road after it's lastest round of mods.

I dropped in a Tremec TKO600 box as the toyota gear just wasn't up to the task. I also installed a TRD 2.92:1 LSD from a JZA70 and finally got around to fully sorting the exhaust.

I run twin 2.5 inch that now run into a single 4 inch and then step down to a 3.5 inch for the rest of ther system with a 3.5 inch resonator and a very large straiught thru rear 3.5 inch barrel muffler...all mandrel and all in stainless.

The net result? On a measley 13psi it laid down 320kw at the wheels or 430hp for those of you who like the old money. Pretty happy with that on totally stock internals.

Next step will be cams but for now i'm content to enjoy what i have :)

Nice to hear the progress that youve been making... Been wondering about how it was going for a little while, looking forward to how it progress's

Logan

Attachments

• Rimg0558.jpg
    Rimg0558.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 15
Well i think it's pretty well pushed at present :)

Possibly a bit more to come if i scrap the 2.5 twin part and step up to 3 inch, plus a set of cams. An easy 350rwkw there i believe on similar boost but alot of work and i'm pretty happy with the power as is.

Like i said a bit of focus now on getting the dynamics sorted so it can really use the grunt and be a true performance car....not just bragging rights at the pub :)

I have a track day next month which will really highlight the areas i still need to work on. Hopefull of running at least a 1:10 at Wakefield Park and then back that up with a decent 1/4 mile time.....in the 11s. A car that can do both of those is one that can truely call itself quick :)

All posted elsewhere but the car came in approx 80kg lighter than a stock GT4 and with better front/rear bias...went from 60/40 to 55/45. handling is very noticeably improved on the race track with better turn in...no difference you could pick on the street really

''I have a track day next month which will really highlight the areas i still need to work on. Hopefull of running at least a 1:10 at Wakefield Park and then back that up with a decent 1/4 mile time.....in the 11s. A car that can do both of those is one that can truely call itself quick''

Hi Justen

Can you post when you will be at Wakefield - I'd love to be there with a video camera to watch, and I'm sure a couple of others would be interested too. Yor car has come a long way in a short time!

Edz

Edz...there's a test and tune day on Wed 20th of July that a bunch of us from Canberra will be heading out to. I'll be mostly sorting this time out but if all looks good i'll put in a few hot laps and it'll do. Last outing with woeful wheel alignment it was doing lazy 1:15's so i'll have to improve on that at least.

test day

Damn, back at work that day, might have to take a sickie and see if I can bring the photographer again. I'll see if I can sneak off. Weekends are better. Have fun if I can't get there.

Ed

diff ratio

JustenGT8 said:
Hi all,
I've just got the red beast back on the road after it's lastest round of mods.

I dropped in a Tremec TKO600 box as the toyota gear just wasn't up to the task. I also installed a TRD 2.92:1 LSD from a JZA70 and finally got around to fully sorting the exhaust.

I run twin 2.5 inch that now run into a single 4 inch and then step down to a 3.5 inch for the rest of ther system with a 3.5 inch resonator and a very large straiught thru rear 3.5 inch barrel muffler...all mandrel and all in stainless.

The net result? On a measley 13psi it laid down 320kw at the wheels or 430hp for those of you who like the old money. Pretty happy with that on totally stock internals.

Next step will be cams but for now i'm content to enjoy what i have :)

2.92 seems a low diff ratio Justen, factory is 3.9? How does it feel off the line and in gearchanges - not too wide? What revs does it cruise on in 5th gear?

You mean a tall ratio right? ;-) Yup very tall but this this has torque to burn and it'll still fry the rears with a blip of the throttle. Much nicer to drive with this ratio and it's also the fastest ratio for the setup i have according to any typre of sim program...in fact with any more hp they all suggest going taller again....seems to go against conventional wisdom but i always take that with a grain of salt and work out my own path....Just like low comp pistons for FI...if i can run an easy 13psi on 10:1 then 9:1 will handle 20psi a piece of piss

Video of Justen's celica-V8TT on the track v Porsche

Top day Justen - the power of that celica is awesome - has to be seen to be believed! Here's a link so you can all look at a small video (1.3mb) of jamies car, blitz's a pooorsche! http://edzoldholden.250free.com/celicgt4.htm - click on the video picture.

That 2.9 dif ratio seemed spot on! email me your address and I'll drop over a video cd of the full thing - goes for about 8mins.

Finally made it to the drag strip. On my daily driver street rubber i managed a 11.7@122mph with a 1.95 60'. I was heading for a better time with a 1.8 60' the next run but stuffed the change to 2nd and ran a 11.8.

Stick some DOT rated drag rubber on and i might just be able to jag a 10...that would be awesome for a car that drove 300km to the track and home again :)