1UZ Oil Pressure figures needed.

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

duza

I'm having a little trouble getting my oil pressure guage to work properly after doing the conversion into my Hilux. It used to be a 2.8 diesel and I am using the diesel sender unit, but get no reading on the gauge, so am assuming that the diesel engine has higher oil pressure than the 1UZ. If anyone knows what oil pressure to expect from an idling motor and also when driving, I'd be grateful for a reply. The motor seems to be running well, but don't want to drive it far without knowing for certain if there is oil pressure.

Ric.

Oil pressure has been discussed on here before, do a search for it.

From memory idle is approx 30psi (600rpm)
and full rpm gives about approx 100psi (6500rpm)
(this is from a autometer guage and sender setup)

I used the 2.4L (2LT) diesel guage and sender and it reads fine. Sounds like there is an airlock or something. This happened to mine at first, but came good after a few minutes.

Cheers.

I used the 2.4L (2LT) diesel guage and sender and it reads fine. Sounds like there is an airlock or something. This happened to mine at first, but came good after a few minutes.

Cheers.
Yeah, I thought it may be an air lock, too, but I have now concluded my guage is actually intermittent. It's weird. If I connect a 50 ohm resistor to the end of the sender wire, the guage reads about 2/3 scale. I then reconnnect the sender unit, which reads a resistance of about 50 ohms at idle and I get nil reading. I do rememder though that I used to get nil reading for long periods with the old diesel motor, so I am looking around for another guage. In the meantime I have a non electric guage I have connected and I have good oil pressure (around 40PSI at idle), so at least it's not the motor.