Header install without the EGR Block????

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

jibby

I am looking over the EGR heat sensor that leads into the stock headers on my 1992 SC400 manifold and I am seriously considering removing that heat sensor from the stock manifold and carefully welding into the same place and location on the new S&S headers that will be installed this week. What do you guys think? This way the EGR can remain functioning, and no change in fuel ratio's will occure with the deleted EGR... Do you think this is a good idea, if drilled, welded and mounted on the new headers professionally in place by me?.... I figure it may disrupt exhaust flow just slightly in the new header itself...Do you think the sensor and EGR function will stay working the same in the new headers? Is this a bad idea? Am I asking too many question and getting on your nerves yet? See ya:thinkerg:

If you want EGR, you can plumb it how ever you want it with little conciquence. AFA the sensor, you can ditch it. Just put a 10K ohm resistor in it's harness/across it's wiring to the ECU & it will assume the EGR is always working.

I gave it some thought and I think you are right... I am trying that same approach with my hydraulic fuel pump read sensor, so far so good...Thanks for the reply Toys......

np. btw, if you ever strap a turbine to that exhaust, you'll need to ditch the EGR system. (Unless you just *want* to go to the trouble to control the EGR valve itself & turn EGR off.)
Because the turbine will raise the backpressure substantually, you'll do nothing more than have the turbine spool very slowly (exhaust leak), and you'll dumb extreme amoutns of exhaust back through the intake.

jibby said:
I am looking over the EGR heat sensor that leads into the stock headers on my 1992 SC400 manifold and I am seriously considering removing that heat sensor from the stock manifold and carefully welding into the same place and location on the new S&S headers that will be installed this week. What do you guys think? This way the EGR can remain functioning, and no change in fuel ratio's will occure with the deleted EGR... Do you think this is a good idea, if drilled, welded and mounted on the new headers professionally in place by me?.... I figure it may disrupt exhaust flow just slightly in the new header itself...Do you think the sensor and EGR function will stay working the same in the new headers? Is this a bad idea? Am I asking too many question and getting on your nerves yet? See ya:thinkerg:

You cannot place the EGR in the stock location on the header as the header itself is in the way. If you want to keep the EGR you will want to install the a flange in the downpipe after the header and route the exhaust back to the EGR valve with fabricated lines. More than one have done this with SC400s with the Rush imports headers.

Thanks guys that clears that up, I will definetely be deleting my EGR...thanks...

Attachments

• 1uzfe-head 001.jpg
    1uzfe-head 001.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 7
  • 1uzfe-head 002.jpg
    1uzfe-head 002.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 4
  • 1uzfe-head 004.jpg
    1uzfe-head 004.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 3
  • 1uzfe-head 005.jpg
    1uzfe-head 005.jpg