before i destroy everything

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

erik.wyatt1

hey guys, i just bought a very cherry 91 ls400( cherry for 160,000 miles), but i have only one speaker working! the sub works fine, and so does my rear driver side door speaker...i can get some crackle out of some of the others if i mess with the f/r l/r controls, but thats it. the owners before me were not loud music type of people (quite old actually) so i doubt they are blown speakers or tweeters...
my question being; is this a common problem with stock head units? could all the speakers have corroded that much over time, or could they just be blown?
any help appreciated!!!

If twiddling knobs produces crackles etc it may well be corrosion in the balance and/or fader controls.

Try squirting a little WD40 or similar in the pot. You may need to get the covers off the head unit to do it.

Worth a try.

It could be a few things...A bad volume knob contact could be the culprit.. That happened in one of my SC4's in the past...Also what Zuffen said is good advice but it could also be a problem or short in the stock amp and or wiring....I dought your speakers are blown...the subs have been known too blow but not the others, plus you would hear more then just static with blown stock speakers......Good luck...

I had same problem. find a test speeker and access the rear speakers through the trunk and wire them to the existing speakers and if that produces sound the your problem is speakers as mine was. Replace speakers and then enjoy until amp goes south. lol

I have a 1992 Acura and only one of the speakers was working and everything was factory. I opened up the panels and what do you know... all the speakers were so old that they were falling apart and a couple were even missing a good portion of the cone. If the speakers are stock I would bet that they are trash.

does anybody have some insight?

hello i just joined after searching for a alternator r&r instructions. the site was a great help but the porblem with the 92 lx sc400 is not the alterantor or the battery and volt test the fuse blocked everything is getting power . but i still have to use a charge box to start the car and it will not start back up even after left running for a hour or so ! got any ideas on this car??????? if so please let me know [email protected]
thanx
zdw :censored:

I didn't realize we were troubleshooting starting systems in this thread. I can't believe how many people sign into this forum for the first time, jump into the middle of random threads and just ask for help on their particular problem. Amazing, :crackhead:

:madfawk: well thats a good thought process there but i thought this was a site to help and further educate on a very specific engine that ha to be treated a certain way not a bash other people for trying to work on a car :argue:

ZDW,

Welcome to the forum. Sorry you experienced little unwelcomeness, but honestly our forum is pretty humble. Please start a new thread on this topic. Thanks Smitherz for clarifying the issue.

Smitherz vs. ZDW....Here in this corner is the veteran Smitherz weighing in at an even 200lbs and a forum veteran whom holds the current title vs. the new up and comer undefeated fighter with a promising future...ZDW...

ZDW is new on the seen but has an undefeated record going into the fight and is considered a long shot.... Let's get ready to RUMBLE.......

Just kidding around fellas-

Take it easy or LEXTREME will drop the hammer....Lex is the silent type that takes it and then when pressed snaps and all hell breaks loose....Watch it fellas...:argue: ........... kiss

We're playin. It feels like an Irish pub in here. We just had to get some use out of those snazzy new "crackhead" and "double bird" icons we have here at our disposal at Lextreme.

Smitherz-

I've been in many Irish pubs throughout Ireland and trust me this is not the feel of an Irish pub.... Irish pubs have stand up stick like dancing with warm Guiness flowing from the tap just sitting on top of the bar waiting for the foam to settle and then be served to already drunken Irish men...Along with the traditional singing and an occasional brawl......

If anything I would say this is more like an Aussie pub......:smoker:

thanks everybody and my name is zearlina i am currently working on a abused 1992 lexus sc400 very beautiful car that won't stay running unless it throttled for at least 5-10 min at 2krpm