Another update on rdms TT sc400..

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
Trans cooler the way to go; i lost a built tranny because of a leak in the radiator. Water & anti freeze contaminated trans fluid; a dedicated trans cooler eliminates this and more efficient.
pops

Attachments

• Combined Dyno readout.jpg
    Combined Dyno readout.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 203
Yeah I have been wondering about coolers. My fans work great but i wanted to know if I should install a tranny cooler. If i do it i plan on getting identical 14'' by 14'' square units and mount them inside the rad and mount my 14'' pullers piggyback style. Figured it would look hella clean... coolant, engine oil cooler and tranny oil cooler all separate from each other. I have the room just haven decided if its needed yet.

just found out that home depot metal screen material and a clamp was the best/cost effective filter to solve my "no-filter-room" dilemma.
I mount it on the passenger side behind the bumper. I still have it connected to the radiator and this cooler acts as a secondary cooler. On the hot day at 180 degree, I still can touch the cooler. It's just a bit warm so I think it's good.

Bob, I think our site hosting service has had a hiccup. Several posts and entire threads from the last 2-3 days have gone into the bit bucket.

Another of our members had just dynoed his 1UZ at 880 HP @ 28psi, and posted the dyno sheet, and that entire thread is gone.

I'm sure David (Lextreme) will be contacting the hosting service to see if they can recover the data.

Another of our members had just dynoed his 1UZ at 880 HP @ 28psi, and posted the dyno sheet, and that entire thread is gone.

I'm sure David (Lextreme) will be contacting the hosting service to see if they can recover the data.

I hope David can recover it. I missed that!:sad:

880 HP @ 28psi!!!!!
Sick! thats awesome.
the entire link is gone? :-(
Does anyone know the build of the motor?

I'll post the photo again.
I think it's pretty cool.

...luckily i copied the content of M3Turbo's post:
This is what he wrote and got lost:
-----
Motor = 1UZ , stock bore, stock stroke
Max Boost = 26PSI
AFR across boost band = 10.8:1 (yes it's still rich)
Max Torque = 1179NM (870 FtLbs) @ 5K
Max HP = 880 HP @ 5.4K
Outside ambient temp = 30C

Well finally got some dyno figures, but the session had to be stopped short before I could try leaning it out. The tires 315 drag radials would spin on the dyno, so we sat 4 guys on the boot, but still we still got slip at about 5K, however finished up shredding a brand new drag radial . This graph run had to be halted at 6500 RPM too, due to dyno speed limit 290 KMH. Otherwise the engine will rev out to 8K under normal driving conditions and other dyno runs.

BTW I have now been running this set up for a few months almost daily, or I should say nightly, with long repeated hard full power runs (though traction is an issue), deliberately testing its reliability, so far seems to be holding up. Thanks again David - Lex for your input. Head gasket leak issue is no more.

But in order to gain more power it is pretty much conclusive that the turbo, Garret GT42 with 102/76mm comp wheel is just way too small for my needs and I believe the current stock intake is on the edge, AFR’s varying between cylinders etc. Next step is to solve these issues, bigger turbo and the new intake in progress.

Hope to have more soon.
-----

I hope he posts his info again soon,

he also attached this dyno file:

In previous posts he listed the specs (copy paste):
-----
Basic specs are:

Ross/Carrillo package 6sp Supra box, custom flywheel, 4 plate OS Giken.
CR=8.5:1
Autronic SM2 - 1.93 + R500 CDI .
Small solenoid boost control valve.
8 x Bosch coils
Autronic AFR meter + Uego.
Single Garrett GT45R + 102/76mm compressor wheel, 1.22 AR.
HKS GTII Wastegate
Headers = 4 into 1 each side 2” primary’s, 3.5” secondary’s,
Single 4” outlet pipe at front of car
Fuel = Toluene based race gas, was using Avgas.
8 x 1000cc denso’s, standard rails, HKS FP regulator
2 x Bosch 044 fuel pumps.
Big intercooler + aquamist.

Ported heads, standard valves & shims, titanium lifters, race springs, Kelford 272/272 cams ([email protected]”)– but they came with centers a country mile out. I had to make some vernier wheels and custom exhaust cam gear to move the centers, Now at 112/116 in/ex.

The plan is to go to 2.0 + Bar boost. The current GT45 turbo is maxed out flow-wise at 1.6bar on this set up.
---

That is AWESOME!!!!!
What did David recomend for the head gasket issue. Dave?

I wonder if the side feed intake is giving him trouble at the higher boost levels. I always thought that cylinders # 4&6 would be leaner then 5&7 as the air had a straight path to them, and had a 180 degree turn to get 5&7
at 20+ psi this might show itself more. Just a thought.

Well the fabrication is basically done. I'm sure Chris and I will run into a little thing here and there as I'm sure you guys know the project is never really done.
The front bumper, and nose are back on the car. Chris is finishing up a couple things with the fuel system. Again I’m running 16 injectors. 8 stock on the stock ECU, and a second set of 8 that add fuel as boost comes on. Chris wanted to redo the fuel system in all stainless steel on the second set of injectors.
I think the car will be back on the ground and hopefully moving for the first time in 3 years in just a few days.
Here is a photo of my controversial boost control method.

Attachments

• S4021029.jpg
    S4021029.jpg
    325.2 KB · Views: 10
  • S4021030.jpg
    S4021030.jpg
    374.3 KB · Views: 9
  • S4021031.jpg
    S4021031.jpg
    445.1 KB · Views: 7
  • S4021032.jpg
    S4021032.jpg
    280.2 KB · Views: 7
wow so you tuned for a 2 stage injector setup? I bet your MPG is still pretty good. Driving through town I bet those other 8 garden hoses don't get used as much. Great setup!

Attachments

• DSC00134.jpg
    DSC00134.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 13
wow so you tuned for a 2 stage injector setup? I bet your MPG is still pretty good. Driving through town I bet those other 8 garden hoses don't get used as much. Great setup!

Actually I think the mileage was the same as stock, but only until I put my foot into it. Which was way to often. LOL
The second set of injectors are 880 cc's this gives me basically 1000cc's per cylinder, but gives me the benefit of stock Toyota tuning, and the ability to run a second fuel through the 880cc injectors.
the second set of injectors have there own fuel tank, pump, filter, and lines
Chris and I are thinking of running alcohol through the second injectors, and I can cruise around on pump gas when the motor isn't under boost.
Hopefully it works well.

Nice setup Bob......

Thanks Dave.

Congrats Bob! Must be great to have it drive again!
Clutch will get less grabby, Or perhaps I just got used to it. My first test drive I killed it like seven times. LOL
It seems after it gets broke in it grabs less.
My clutch makes a little rattle, that I can live with, the transmission rattle is what annoys me.