1UZFE to AUDI 016 transaxle who's done it?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

converted

Hey guys,

Whos made the conversion of a 1UZ to an audi 016 or other similarly budget priced transaxle?

Has anyone got a diagram or an adapter plate for sale?
what flywheel clutch packages did you use?
What sort of $$$ would i need to budget?

Open to ideas. Its for a "budget priced" ( i know some people are chuckling when i say budget...i do too) open wheeler formula replica. (Brabham BT19)

Craig.

I'm in the process of mating up an Audi 012 (Porsche G86) to the 1UZ-FE.
Hopefully this work will result in commercially made parts being made available for that conversion (not made by me though).
http://www.bncproducts.com.au/ These guys do 1UZ-FE to Porsche G50 they might be able to do and Audi 016 also.

ok I rang Erol and he can do a beautiful CNC machined kit used as a structural member within an open wheeler. Probably overkill for my project. Also I have found another kit for a G50 for 2700 USD with flywheel clutch etc etc, but as advised the G50 would have too higher centre of gravity for an open wheeler. Good for a GT40 or other mid engined street car project. G50's are also expensive to buy and maintain but are strong (as I said its a budget build).

Thats where its at ...at the moment any ideas would be appreciated.

Craig,
Have you considered an inverted VW box ?
A "Rhino" case from the USA ($170 USD), Albins have a huge choice of ratio's for around $1600 AUD, LSD's available, and there are many cast bellhousings for Ford 4 cyl to VW/Hewland cases.
Would only need a flat plate adaptor around .5-.75" thick. Also the starter motor is mounted on the gearbox. Can also use the half shafts and CV joints.

On your tyre sizes, it should cope with around 350/400 bhp.

1uz to 016

hi Converted, i have done this for my project, adaptor and flywheel was $1400 ish +gst, clutch was from Mazda mk4 rx7,with audi spline fitted to clutch plate, made up by local machine shop, should be some pics on here somewhere if you look up lambo posts.

Best Regards
Lambo

Lambo did you have a machine shop make it up or did you buy the adapter from someone off-the-shelf? Does anyone have a cad *.dxg drawing of an adapter?
I know dellow do a flywheel would anyone know what presure plate and clutch plate you could use?
Does anyone also have an 016 transaxle for sale? i would be happy with a broken one if its going cheap. I will be building a chassis around it to start with so it doesnt need to be a goer. Im located in Western Sydney AUS.