1uz coil pack conversion

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

JONNO13

hey i got a standard 1uz and im linking it with a wolf3d V3 with a V4 hand contoller. and i want to replace the dizzie's with a set of coil packs. could i use commodore coil packs or similar? and if soo how would i go about wiring it, i dont know much about 1uz's. any help would be appreciated thanks

hi jonno13

The cops that i am using are from a imported 94-96 V6 toyota camry 1MZ-FE engine.

I was going to use the LS1 coil system with my engine build, but where my car is been built, they recommended that i use the 1mz cops instead and sold them to me for the same price as the ls1 coils would cost (ls1 coils in sydney cost about $120 each, where the 1mz cops cost about $800 each new, second hand $300 each).

Using the 1mz cops in the end, makes the engine bay look a lot more cleaner to look at then the LS1 setup.

Now the late model lexus did come out with cops too, but r hard to find in australia.

Dual TB's, Whiteline swapbars, 97 RZ Supra brakes, Airbag & controller

Hi,

I'm looking at coils / ignitors / coilpacks just now. Sorry for the dumb question, but what do you mean by cops?

Cheers,
Ewen

Hi Ewen

[FONT=verdana, geneva, helvetica]COPS is A type of Distributorless ignition system where individual ignition coils are mounted directly over each spark plug. No spark plug wires are used or needed as these are hardwired to the engine ecu sysytem.[/FONT]
Dual TB's, Whiteline swapbars, 97 RZ Supra brakes, Airbag & controller

how much money u want to spend
how many ignition outputs does the wolf have as ive always stayed clear of the the early wolfs

if u get ls1 coils u dont need ignitors and 2ns hand ls1 coils are cheap or even free if you have right connections like me
i think 1mz coils also have inbuilt ignitors
im sure the wolf will only have a max of 4 ign outputs so u need to run coils in paired setup
at the end fo the day i doubt u will gain much on std mechanical setup
maybe afew kws on dyno but to physically feel the difference maybe not
people say that u run multi coil for better idle but hey these are the best idling motors
from standard form anyway