1uz coil on plug conversion

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Red Supra

Just wondering if anyone tried to find a coil that will fit in place of those pesky plug wires. Something with the correct depth to the spark plug. Perhaps the 3uz coil will work?

Max

I was at SEMA two weeks ago. There was one guy with a IS300 Swap with 1UZFE. The motor was from GS400 and he ran coils in this conversation. I asked him what and who made the coils but he didnt tell me. He stated its classified info. That is BS. Check it out www.lextreme.com/sema.html

He's using what is known as "LS1" coils. They come on GM LS1 engines in vettes/camaros. The coils themselves are made by DENSO. I used these with success on my 2jz. You can see the MSD plugwires in that picture as well.
You got any pics of the turbo kit itself?

i would not consider what is on that 1uz-fte to be "coil-on-plug". Thats just a coil-PER-plug configuration, very common here in australia with just about anyone using an aftermarket stand alone ECU.

Coil-ON-Plug means that the coil output is attached DIRECTLY to the spark plug, eliminating ignition leads and the possibility of those components to fail.... at the same time potentially looking much neater.

In that SEMA IS300/1uz-fte you can see the ignition leads, although VERY short... they are still there, and just as likely to fail as something 5 times as long.

Here's an example of an aussie Nissan 180SX with a 1UZ-FE and aftermarket ignition system... running Autronic ECU and what looks to be a multi-coil array (many coils in one housing)

DSC_0355.jpg

coil on plug...

i need a set of 1jz or 2jz coil packs (set ofr 6 cyls) and i need something that will plug into the 2j head..which so far is just 2j or ij plug wire or the coil on plug setup..i want the plug on wire setuup casue i want to run coil packs with a cps of some sort...waht can i do? this isn on a n/a head...

Red,

The had a low mount turbo setup. The driver side header goes to the passenger side and merge together and he used T67. Its almost like a guy with SC430 created by XS Engineering. Basically its a low mount single turbo.

Hi Guys , Just wondering does anyone know what the assembly with the small filter is just next to where the egr plate on the intake is.
It has a blue hose running to the front of the intake.Not seen one of those before.

Regards
Lambo

Looks like he's using the Camaro/Firebird MSD Plug wires. I got some 2jz coils with brackets. They are a direct bolt on to a 2jz-gte head. You need to get special brackets made to work with the 2jz-ge head to fit gte coils.

Valve covers do swap no problems but they do not have any mounting hardware for the coils. The cylinder head has the bolt holes cast-in need to hold the coil pack brackets. Still got lots of 2jz-gte parts around.

You can use a MK3 CPS to run GTE coils. But i dont think it will work with the stock ECU. There is nothing wrong with the distributor on the GE motor. All you need a HKS DLI and it will support 800hp with stock coil and wires.

ok i need some stuff.

I need the center sump ( think the sc300 sump) 2j oil pan and pickup
(with the lower pan)
the 2j fan clutch and engine fan (need pics & meansurements of the bolt pattern)

coil packs w mini harness

2jz auto bellhosuing and otrque convertor (maybe also flexplate)
you can contact me @ [email protected]

do you have a list of what you have left? can you give a price on what you have above?