Search results

1. R

Cars For Sale FS: my Black 1991 LS400

Hey Persian, Sucks that you're selling. I think 5k is a reasonable offer. I've been on lextreme.com for a couple years and know that judging by your posts that you're on top of things when it comes to your car. I'd just have to say that for 5k why not just keep the car and get another one...
  2. R

true clear tail lens

I have no idea. IMO they're probably illegal in most states? It's one things to have clear turn signals in front but cleared out in the rear...you're probably asking to be pulled over. If you do get them make sure they're sealed well. Maybe run some clear caulk over the seams. I bought...
  3. R

LS400 1990 SUBWOOFER

Got the info. Deck is one long piece. Have to cut it - sigh. Speaker housing cover should cover the new bigger hole.
  4. R

AC is acting funny

I wouldn't know offhand but maybe it would help to let us know what year and model your car is?
  5. R

LS400 1990 SUBWOOFER

Just read Lextreme's write-up of the 8" sub replacement: www.lextreme.com/speaker.html Hmm...according to the pix it looks like the hole for the sub is a part of the whole rear deck - I'd have to replace the whole rear deck. That and I'd have to cut the deck carpet around the sub to fit a...
  6. R

LS400 1990 SUBWOOFER

Pix of 10" sub cutout? Hey guys, So I have my 8" sub and amp but just haven't had the time to run the install. However, things have changed... Just realized: Why install an 8" sub when the space will fit an 10" sub?! So I have an 8" stock sub cutout that can be cut to fit the 10"...
  7. R

Light bulb....

Hmm...did you mean 165 or 168...? I'm an idiot. I need to learn how to read.
  8. R

Will any remote (including 95+) work with my 93?

Hey lextreme, was the clifford relatively easy to install? Did they offer support or was it difficult to install on your lex?
  9. R

Remote start alarm system

Retrodrive, do you still have any info on that deleted post? I'd like to install an alarm on my ls400. Hmmm....I wonder if you installed the alarm before you dropped in the straight six...
  10. R

Anyone Installed Their Own Alarm??

Let me know if anyone replies texasc cuz I'd like to know. You could get a "cheesy" alarm that might be an easy install through crutchfield.
  11. R

Portable CD/MP3 Player Hookup to Stock Head Unit

I know that for a kenwood head unit you can buy a wire that plugs into the decks changer port and has rcas at the other end. You can find it on crutchfield at: http://www.crutchfield.com/S-gMNAI3epoSx/cgi-bin/prodview.asp?i=113CAC1AX From there you'd just buy a wire that has rca male plugs...
  12. R

LS400 1990 SUBWOOFER

Hey brenattama, So you're having a hard time finding an 8" sub pushing 40 watts rms? Lextreme's advice (http://www.lextreme.com/speaker.html) you can buy a Kicker Comp 03C84 for 70$ through Crutchfield, a mail order company here in the states. I think this is the link...
  13. R

Light bulb....

http://www.bulbdirect.com/catalog.asp?prodid=408032&showprevnext=1 did google search on osram 168
  14. R

LS400 1990 SUBWOOFER

Need to get that amp soon! When's payday? I'm pretty sure the amp has signal level wires. If not I'll check again...but yes I need those... Yeah I probably don't need 2 12s...just get an efficient 12 and a monster amp. I was getting 2 12s mainly "just because." I don't think I could do it...
  15. R

LS400 1990 SUBWOOFER

Gimmie a sub already! Ok I guess I posted sometime last year...for my 1990 LS400 Pioneer sys.. So now I have a free-air sub, 8 inch stock replacement- 8 inch Kicker RMB8 RMS 175 peak 350 BTW via Lextreme's advice (http://www.lextreme.com/speaker.html) you can buy a Kicker Comp 03C84 for...
  16. R

Pictures of Exhaust

That exhaust looks cool! I was taking a look at your cardomain site and noticed a couple mods and had a question: You relocated the battery to the back where the cd changer was. What did you put in place of the battery? Did you just do it for "better" weight distribution? Looking...
  17. R

1994 LS400 Cross Drilled Brembos

Brakes... Yeah I heard the older first gen lexus cars had better 2-piston brakes than the front - the first gen had single pistons. this kinda sounds like a master cylinder prob? I'm not a mechanic! Brake fluid change/bleed would definitely be a first thing to do, but MAKE SURE YOU DO IT...
  18. R

Ontario mall meet on the 12th

Meet at O-mills... That would be cool. Too bad I don't live in Southern Cal anymore. My ls400 is stock anyways. If you set up the meet give everyone a month's notice in advance. Ontario Mills is cool. Cute girlies too. Lexus groupies would be nice.
  19. R

Injen Intake for LS400 (photo needed)

Intakes Use the "search" function to find info on how to "intake" your car. Lots of good info and links on lextreme.com
  20. R

wheel lightening

I'd like to know more. Don't know anything much about it. All I know is that the lighter the tire/wheel the better. Hopefully you get a strong wheel/tire combo. I've seen ads that say changing the bolts to lighter ones help. I'd like to assume the integrity of the bolt is better or just...