Search results

1. G

Factory AFM

Are these prone to failing? The one that came with my half cut was stuffed and now the one I got to replace that one has died after 2 years. What would kill them? I have opened them up and there isn't really anything inside that can benift from even a good dose of contact cleaner. Does...
  2. G

Cam belt jumped 4 teeth

I had my cam belt jump 4 teeth on the weekend during a 4x4 comp. It did it just as I finished a run which seen the motor seeing the 7g mark for about 1 min of a 1.55 min run. What happened is the belt stripped a stripped about 10mm wide off the top of it and that stripped then wrapped itself...
  3. G

I have $1000 to spend on exhaust

Got 2nd at a 4x4 comp and one of the prizes is $1000 of exhaust work. It just so happens that my hilux is in bad need of a new one. What extractors can I get that will fit on the 1uz when in a hilux? What size is best suited to this motor? Tell me what you think would be the best setup for...
  4. G

Clutch for G52?

ATM I`m only running a G52 box. So far its holding up fine but the clutch has started slipping under extreme load after only 5000kms? What the best clutch I can get for this? I need something extra strong.
  5. G

your back yard when you were a kid

Here is what I had as my back yard while growing up. This is the view from the kitchen window at my family home (my mums).
  6. G

How strong is the water pump?

I`m in the process (all but done) of mounting my radiator on the tray behind the cab. I`ve used a GQ patrol radiator which is about twice the size of the hilux one and have put the twin AU falcon thermos on it. What I want to know is will the standard water pump be ok for this? Remember it now...
  7. G

Wanted wanted P/S + A/C

If you have either of these and are happy to part with them free then please let me know. I need a spare power steering pump for when in compitions and I need a the AC as mine is stuffed. Thanks in advance Dave.
  8. G

P/S pump leak. How long?

I had my power steering pump rebuilt just under 5,000kms ago and it has allready started leaking out the shaft seal. How many ks or miles do people normally get out of them before this common leak starts? Also does anybody have a pump they want to sell? as I now want a spare one that I can...
  9. G

Triple pass radiators

Thinking of getting one of these made for my lux. I also want to install an electric water pump so that when the motor is working slow in the rpm say 1500 to 2000rpm but under high load the water will still be pumped quickly to help with the cooling. Can I just simply put an electric water pump...
  10. G

What sort of temp will motor handle?

Most of the time mine runs at around 80 deg cel but when climbing long steep hills and its working for awhile it will heat up. Over the weekend I was only letting it get to 105 before stopping and letting it cool down. What can I let it go to before I need to start worrying
  11. G

Big time BUGGER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As most of you would know I took my hilux for a run afew weeks ago with the 1uz in it and on that trip I had a few problems come up. Water pump started leaking badly and the power steering pump died. Well we had a good look at it today (I haven`t touched it since the trip) and it also has a...
  12. G

Whats this???????????

The one with the coloured wires coming out of it, under the throt cable bracket?
  13. G

Moving dip stick for rear sump

CRS rear sump My CRS rear sump turned up today for my 1UZ But since the motor had a mid sump on it I have to move the dip stick to the other position at the rear of the block. How the hell do I get the pressed in stud out of the hole? No I can`t just knock it all the way threw like I was...
  14. G

Mechanical guages

I have water temp, oil temp and oil pressor mechanical guages. Where is the best spot on these motors to tape them in to?
  15. G

Wiring thermo`s

Is there a controll circuit from the motor/computor for running thermo`s? Or is there a temp sender somewhere? Have a crown motor. We are finally wiring up my motor (should be running by the weekend) and can`t find anything for the thermo`s and would think that with these motors and their...
  16. G

Some bin larden fun

Hope this is ok to post here, I`ll only get a slap on the arse if it not hehehehe some might find it offensive but if you do then I think you realy need to get with the times http://www.starterupsteve.com/swf/osamatron.html
  17. G

Seller Feedback Some body to watch out for

This guy has a rear sump on ebay which he wants to swap for a mid sump. I tried emailing him to say I was happy with doing this and here are all the emails that were sent back and forth which I think will say it all. Now by all means if you think I was out of line at all here please tell me so...
  18. G

Have you got a 1uz 4x4?

Doesn`t matter what type of 4x4 it is or how standard or modified it is how about posting some pics and details about it up in the newly returned 4x4 section. http://lextreme.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=91
  19. G

Adsl

Just got it and it rocks. Why did I wait so long?
  20. G

Oil

What oil do you run? I`m thinking of a synthetic but don`t know if the extra $$$$ is worth it. I have only run shell helix up untill now, but am woundering what is better.