Search results

1. L

Problems with LPG

Okay I am doing a little research into LPG for the 1UZ (with forced induction) but don't know much about LPG. It seems there are a couple of issues when using LPG, especially with FI, can anyone elaborate on these and other problems and solutions to these problems? It seems that the pressure...
  2. L

Supercharger Sizing

Maybe its just me not searching hard enough but there seem to be loads of threads on turbo sizing but not supercharger sizing. Granted turbo's seem more popular and from what limited info I have read on SC's on the 1UZ it doesn't look like you can get anywhere near the same power as you can...
  3. L

H and V shifters

Okay so I have a question: What is an H and V gate shifter? I am guessing H-pattern is the standard manual gear box and Vertical Gate is some sort of sequential shift but how does it actuate? Do you nudge forwards for each gear you want to go up and nudge backwardds for each gear you want to...
  4. L

Supercharging AND Turbocharging

Quick (maybe stupid) question: If you are supercharging and turbo charging don't the turbos blow through the supercharger? If they do then if the turbo(s) are rated to more power than the supercharger, aren't you going to effectively overboost the supercharger and do bad things to it? Is there...
  5. L

Intake/Plenum Design

Okay so here is a discussion I would like to have: What ideally would be the best (in theory or in reality) intake/plenum design for NA? For FI? What general rules for design should you follow NA? For FI? I have seen several designs like the ones below, what are the advantages/disadvantages...
  6. L

A day in the life of a 1000rwhp/rwtq+ engine.

Hello! I've finally decided to post on this forum because I can't take it any more! What a great engine! I've been reading the articals on this site and getting more and more addicted to it! Phil Bradshaw's artical on the 1UZFE (http://www.lextreme.com/1uzfe_info.html) is a great read and I...