performance ideas

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

bobby_yarbro

i need ideas for my 1991 ls400!:shrug:
i was told that my car had 8 cylinders is that true?
you all probely think i am stupid but i am a newby in cars and is trying to get a cool car.:redface:

It all depends on what you want your final goals to be. Are you going forced induction, or staying N/A? Staying stock bottom end, or going built? It would help greatly to outline these.

If you search these forums, you'll find where to buy all the performance parts you need.

Cams, exhausts, performance pulleys, headers, forced induction, ect...

Eric

because he is a newb im fairly confident in assuming that he would not be going FI.

You will want to start small man, just do intake and then take your car to a shop to have them make you an exhaust system built to specs discussed on this forum. There are always plenty more you can do after that, but those are esentially the basics, and i think it would be a good idea to start there, after you do this, report back for more ideas if youd like. good luck

nick

mycarhasposessedme said:
I'd recommend some spinnerz, a Turbozet and a Hiclone.
The chicks will really dig your car then and it will be cool.
Cheers
Stop baiting the newbie dude. !! :D

As for mods, keep with the basics, getting air into and out of the engine is the point, so Intake, Exhaust. If that is not enough then maybe some mild cams, it depends on what you want to end up with at the end of the day.

Bobby,
I would suggest leaving the car alone mechanically.
Maybe add a mild exhaust.
If you have a little cash to spare, your best spending it on maintaining your car in smick state.
Give the car a full service with good quality oils and leads and plugs etc, this wont be to cheap and maybe upgrade the brakes, better rotors and larger calipers.
Whilst i am in Sydney Australia and prices may vary from here to there, you may find this alone may make you think about the money pit you could be getting yourself into.
There is nothing wrong with these cars and motors, if i was to suggest a motor to spend the money i would suggest these hands down. What i am getting at is with any car and motor, once you start tinkering you don't stop, the ball keeps rolling.
I would suggest not disturbing the beast if your not in for the long haul.
Over here there a lot of them on the roads now and most are rough and blend with every other heap of #%$^*%&* commodore but a tidy 12+yr lexus still catches your eye and stands out a mile away.

Just food for thought.

Stephen

Probably the best way to make your car go faster is to invest in a good driving course. I dont know how it works where you live, but in the UK there are plenty of race schools that will teach you how to drive your car near the limit safely.

The really good bit is it keeps your car standard, so no problems with insurance companies.

I have to say that when I was living in England, you very nearly HAD to keep your car stock because of MOT, and what not. But here in the USA, you can modify your car to the very limit, and the insurance companies will still cover you. There are insurance companies specifically set-up to cover special higher end, modified cars, and they will give you "agreed value" coverage, and offer you unlimited milage.

Eric

Bobby, don't listen to these guys, here is what you do first rob a bank and fatten up your bank account. Forget about the intake and exhaust that will just tease you and delay the inevitable, first off pull the block and bore it to 5.0 liter, well since we don't want any regrets might as well go all out and bore that hunk of steel to 5.5liter, throw some forged pistons, Chevy rods, 3 angle valves, cams, etc... the works!! Then your ready for the real juice.....introduce that motor to the Supercharger, yes that's right airforced induction at it's finest a massive Whipple twin screw supercharger, and boost away, and if you are still not satisfied throw a couple of nos bottles in the truck, fine tune it all and hit the gas and watch your car either blow up or fly like a jet. Good luck-

Disregard my last post that was a joke...

As for starters, I would look for a torque converter stall rate change and some mild exhaust mods...Lextreme offers the torque converter and that should get your tank moving out of the blocks... Also go for the free BFI intake... That should get you started...

If you like those results then consider a boost application like a single turbo or an Eaton supercharger later on down the road.....