Project Thread Project SC400TT

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
COME on we are all waiting...........

Nothing new to tell ya, man...I appear to have an oil pump failure, losing oil pressure once the engine warms up at idle...Oil level is full, pressure switch has been changed, rear cam plugs have been sealed, head gasket is NOT Blown, can't find anything else it could be...It appears that the release valves are losing pressure once the engine heats up, so the car is undriveable right now...So, I am not driving the car again, until after the motor has been swapped along with the new tranny. Plus the new fuel mod being put in place and the Engine management installed and tuned.

Car gets painted and hood gets vented...way too much heat in that engine compartment after driving hard...The venting should help alot.

Ryan

Guys, a little news...

My built transmission has arrived, my built engine is finished complete with 2UZ oil squirtes, I am picking it up next week. My fuel mod is shipping out to me next week.

We will be performing the mock assembly to test all clearances at home, and then complete the final assembly of the engine. Then the swap gets done.

BTW, my D-Speeds came in to...Excellent service in Japan, and nice looking.

Oh yeah, Frank is welding up a new set of headers for me out of high grade stainless, these will be replacing the mild steel ones I have now...Frank removed them from my car today...What fantastic fabbing...To remove them, simply jack up the front of the car, put on jack stands, and remove them from the bottom. Everything else stays in place. BTW, the headers looked as good as the day he put them in...no cracks, no visible damage...

Ryan

OK, Gang...We got the front BBK's installed, but did not have time to complete the rears, so that will be done tomorrow, and we will bleed the brakes at that time. I gotta tell you, these guys at Revolution Brakes (formerly Precision Brakes) make a quality kit. Everything was machined extremely precisely, and abviously, the Willwood calipers are awesome, and extremely lightlweight...thumbsup.gif Even the SS braided brake lines were made precisely...The ends were made exactly to fit into the Lexus mounting bracket and be held in place by the stock C clip, and the larger rectangular mounting clip. The fit was spot on exact...thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif I was extremely pleased. Thw center rings that they machined to extend the hub center were also spot on perfect...

From brackets to bolts to washers to calipers to hats to rotors, this kit was well thought out and engineered to work on my car, and provide increased braking capability utilizing the stock master cylinder...woot.gif

Here are a few pics...
BBK Installed
WW_BBK_1.jpg
Another
WW_BBK_2.jpg
Another
WW_BBK_3.jpg
Comparison of size of old one-piece rotor to new two-piece rotor.
WW_BBK_4.jpg

My Relentless Pursuit of Perfection...

Attachments

• thumbsup.gif
    thumbsup.gif
    1 KB · Views: 0
  • thumbsup.gif
    thumbsup.gif
  • thumbsup.gif
    thumbsup.gif
Here are the rest of the pics of the front BBK's before installing the rears and putting the wheels back on...More to come tomorrow...

With Caliper installed...
WW_BBK_6.jpg
With Pads and SS Line installed...
WW_BBK_7.jpg
Close up of Wilwood pads...
WW_BBK_8.jpg
Removed the Dust shield, decided not to reuse, won't fit anyway...
WW_BBK_5.jpg

More to come...

Ryan

My Relentless Pursuit of Perfection...

Looking very nice mate, good to see you are useing wilwood...as thats what i will be useing for my setup, as they comeout about 1/2 the price of Brembo & stoptec, and if you ask me the wilwood ones are just as good if not better,

Yup and that looks like the way he has them? or i'm looking at it all wrong? is the caliper rear or front mount?

If it's front they are right, if it's rear the rotors are on backwards as you say :)