Under bonnet temps, intake temps

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

White ls400

Well iv been having this pinging problem lately as some of yous would know, and probably getting sick of hearing about. BUt i had a few more questions, My mechanic told me to take my k&n replacement in box filter out and see if there was a difference in pinging between the two filters, so i did this and the pinging with the paper filter is much less and only seems to happen when the car is left stopped for a few minutes then driven, but with the k&n it pings even when you have only sat idle for a few seconds.. Would this lead you to believe intake temps may be on the high side and the paper filter is better at keeping the heat out then the k&n. Are there any tricks to keeping intake temps down or should i just re route my intake, I dont want to go a bfi as i dont want to cut up my airbox and it be worse So any ideas or am i just barking up the wrong tree in the wrong direction

There wont be any difference in intake temp from the to different filters.

What might be happening although i find it hard to belive is the k&n is letting in more air and asking to much of the fuel, and the factory computer cant retard the timing to suit.

What fuel are you running? Is it the best you can get from the pump?

Yeah i was running 98 bout now at $1.55p/l iv just dropped back to 95, what i thought was that the paper filter was much denser that, therefore absorbing some heat. But after speaking to my mechanic he reckons it may of been from the oil getting on the maf

Does anyone elses standard intake get really hot, like i mean hot enough to not want to keep your hand on it, because mines been real hot lately and i dont think its always been like that

Weather has been a bit extreme lately. 40 dec C days so intake manifold could easily be 100 deg C +.

My Celsior is running OK but I'm not going to burn my hand to find out for you :rant: Would rather keep my hand cool with a beer in it !

Yeah i gave up worrying about the car too and went to the pub and had a beer, I think canberra this time of years a bit hotter than Newcastle, And sorry i didnt mean the intake manifold i meant the air intake above the rad, should read my posts before i post them