Serious Electrical Problem?!

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

6spdSC4

Alright so here's the deal: The car runs fine, but every once and a while if I hit the brakes sharply, turn the radio on, press the window buttons down when they're already down or anything like that the car will completely die. When the car is doing this if I apply the brakes softly the lights will just dim then go back to normal after a second or two. The car has completely died on me and not fired back up once while I was pulling into a spot in a parking garage(very scary since I almost rolled into a pillar due to loss of power steering). I'm hoping(and praying) that this isn't any major machanical issue and that my battery is just dying. The battery light is on but I haven't had time to get it to the shop b/c of school and work. Can anyone help me out?!

Update: Car's in the shop right now and now I'm worried. Alternator checks out fine. It's pushing 14.5V. Battery also checks out Ok. I'm scared now that this is gonna be an expensive problem...any thoughts?

Looks like a wiring problem or bad earth.

Certainly not mechanical which means you won't go broke having it repaired.

Do u notice another systems are down? I have a short somewhere too and three of the systems are not working. Ground is the problem.

Well it's hard to notice any other system down when it happens because the entire car just shuts down. Motor, gauges, radio, lights, radar, everything. I'm worried...my mechanic said "well we can't really figure it out. wait till it happens more often then we'll go from there" gee thanks, that's exactly what i wanted to hear... Thanks for your help guys

6SP,

I had a simillar problem with my car.

It simply stops.

I traced it to one wire that was part of the original Range Rover loom made by Lucas (funny the "Prince of Darkness" should cause a problem) of course!

I've replicated the wire and all is well.

You need to start checking every earth point you can find, and check every connection/plug you can find.

Whilst it isn't easy it's a matter of sticking with it.