Newbie-Help With a Serious Build

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Skatony

Hi! My names tony and im resideing about 25 miles east of cleveland and last summer me and my gearhead buddy discovered the SC. I was quickly attracted to it because I love high performance luxury cars, my previous car was a 1998 Acura 2.3cl but the cops decided they wanted it.... The SC is amazing, V8 performance and exhaust note on a tuner;AWESOME!
Im planning on a build soon and i have some ideas in mind but I'd like some help to make sure what I want to do is possible, compatable and any hints and advice along the way.
My plan is to buy a 96-99 SC300 and put 3ur-fe 5.7L V8 stroked (and or bored) to 6.0 or bigger is possible. I want to focus on the bottom end so that i can push a lot of boost eventually from a twinturbo set up. Along with high performance cams and a 3 angle valve job with new springs and retainers. My first question: Is a late model supra transmission a 6speed, and if so will it hook up to the 3ur and will it fit into an SC? Would i need new or custom tranny mounts ect.?
My next question is if stroke and possibly bore the engine that much would it handle upwards of 38 pounds of boost plus the possibility of nitrous? (if you cant tell by now, im going big...REALLY BIG!) And finally how much does an SC400 weight? I have a lot more questions but i guess i'll start here and move on at a later date. Thanks a lot and i love what you guys are doing! POWER TO THE V8 RICER BURNERS!!:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Hi Tony welcome to our forum. I have tried the 5.7L 3UR engine into my SC400. If you do some search you will see some pictures. It is extremely tight and I mean tight. Less than 1/4" on each side. Secondly, K member will need to mod or deleted. Thirdly, you will need to cut the tranny tunnel due to the larger transmission (stock 3UR tran that is). Fourth, you might need the security module in order for the stock computer to fire up the engine, unless u run a standalone computer. 3UR is a good engine but boosting 38 psi? I dont think the block can take it.

i wanna make a lot of power, a lot... honestly i wanna make atleast 800hp if possible and im planning on putting the turbos past the exhaust manifolds so that clearance would be less of a hassle. what motor would make the most power if i wanted turbos and possibly nitrous?

so the supra tranny; 6 speed or linkin up to a bigger V8 possible or no?
(NOTE:MONEY IS NOT AN ISSUE! WILLING TO SPEND THE CASH TO GET THE POWER!)

There are plenty of engines that can capable of making 800 hp. Even SC300 with a turbo. 5.7L is physically HUGE and alot harder to work with. Low mount turbos is another problem too. The large motor wont give much room for low mount either.

A T5/6 Tremec or the TKO maybe a better transmission..
You should get close to 800 h.p with approx 20Lb boost..
That depends on alot of things..Four valve engines generally don't
require large amounts spent on valves etc.. Valve springs should be
replaced around 15Lb on "most" engines..
Many many variables a single turbo could be an easier install ??
If twins don't fit around gearbox behine bellhousing ??
Try up front under head lights ?? Like they do on [some] Mustangs...
You will require H beam rods or at least forged rods and pistons with slightly lower compression.. At Least an 18cc dished piston to lower comp..
depending on fuel ?? 9 to 1 is reasonably safe on a pentroof 4 valve cylinder head..
Using super high boost is methanol and grouted block territory...

Your plan sounds like a monster plan that is capable of pushing +1000 rwhp. I honestly don't think a 5.7 will fit in there, not to say having enough room for any turbo system. If you prepare it right with a 4.0L, 800 rwhp is no biggie. Now if you want monster torque at low end, a turbocharge 4.7L blocker will help with no problem. The 1UZ 4L is capable of making 400 rwhp with a little more than 14 psi of boost easily.

a monster is what im aiming for and 1000hp would be really nice:tongue2:
i am going to do a lot of engine prep, all new internals prolly... my main questions right now are about the engine i should use. i like VVTi a lot, a want a lot of lowend torque (i<3burnouts), i want forced induction from turbo/s, i do not like turbo lag, and while the quartermiles are nice i'd rather have a circuit car so i can take it midohio raceway (im in love with that track and have visited it many a time), so i want a lot of topend power for the straights. nitrous will be involved at a later time.
so a supertuner is what im aiming for so the question is- 1uzfe, 2uzfe, or 3uzfe? from what i read, im thinkin the 1uzfe should work well enough as long as i get one new enough that it has VVTi.
thanks again gang for dealing with a NEWB!

I'm running a 1UZ 4.0L and making nearly 400 rwhp/rwtq with a single turbo and no lag whatsoever. I would stay with the non VVTI because it's been proven, unless you want to experiment it.

Attachments

• IMG_0379.JPG
    IMG_0379.JPG
    74.8 KB · Views: 243
  • IMG_0380.JPG
    IMG_0380.JPG
    70.5 KB · Views: 235
  • IMG_0381.JPG
    IMG_0381.JPG
    68.7 KB · Views: 235
  • IMG_0382.JPG
    IMG_0382.JPG
    70.9 KB · Views: 234
Perhaps this is what you are looking for:
attachment.php

(NOTE:MONEY IS NOT AN ISSUE! WILLING TO SPEND THE CASH TO GET THE POWER!)

4.7 VVTi TT.... just teasing....

97+ 1uz had vvti, i believe and i'm not sure on the 2uz. So you wanna 800+hp circuit car. Wouldn't that hurt you more than help?? You should shoot around 500 and work on weight, suspension, and chassis.

Lexus V8 Engines: 1998 and NEWER VVTi
Toyota V8 Engine: 2004/5 VVTi

Below is 2005 Toyota 2UZFE Lower and 1998 SC400 Upper.

Here is the latest update:

attachment.php