Wiring Identfication

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Quadcob

I am in the process of removing an engine from a crown half cut. I removed the air flow sensor from the intake and moving the igniters on top of the motor when I came across a part of the engine loom that was cut through. It had four wires - blue, blue/white stripe, blue/yellow stripe and white/black stripe. It came from the part of the loom that goes to the air flow sesor and the igniters. Before I started removing the motor I had it running in the half cut a number of times. It ran perfectly and smoothly so I don't think these wires feed anything which effect the running of the motor. The three blue wires go to two of the relay blocks on the left hand mudguard. I have checked for these wires on any circuit diagram that I could find, but no luck. Can anyone identify these wires please.

Thanks

Are you sure they are not from the traction control unit?

That wouldn't affect the running of the engine but would run into the main loom.

If it isn't traction control how about cruise control?

It is 8 months ago I stripped my Crone so I am a little foggy.

Rod,
It looks as though the cruise control wiring is from the wiring loom on the right hand mudguard. I am unsure were the traction control is.

what about the TEMS actuator wires that go to the motor on top of the shocks? That wire comes from the same harness that the AFM and ignitors are on.....

If so, they can be removed from the harness...

Carl C

Why not use a multimeter and locate the other end of the wires on the plugs in the photo.

Once you know what pin # the wire runs to you can use KDogs wiring diagrams to identify it.

Carl C,
You picked it. The unit on the top of the right hand shock was missing altogether. Checked the left hand and found out what was missing and checked the plug. The wires are the same colour as the cut wires. Looks as though someone wanted a R/H TEMS actuator, plug and all.
As the wires did not come the ECU, but went to terminals of plugs where the relays were I didn't think they had anthing to do with the engine management system. Because they were cut wires in the engine loom I wanted to know for sure they were redundant.
Once I get the engine out and remove the loom I will removing any redundant wiring that is not related to the engine management.

Thanks everyone for you contribution in helping in identifing the wires.

Warren