Will there be a VVTL-i toyota V8?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

MidShipCivic

As some may know the variably valve with eletronic lift with cam phasing increases the engines ability as an air pump (Volumetric efficiency) . Giving an engine super high output a ideal low end and mid range.

CamPhasing ( I in vtec and i in vvtl-i) advances and retards intake cam timing to control overlap and have performances benifits

What new Toyota V8's are comming out will they have VVTL-i?

toyotav8boat said:
what is the difference between vvti and vvtli?
I <- is the hydrualic cam gear which adjust and retard teh cam gear on the fly- Just to clarify. (VTC cam is a big advantage) More on it : http://www.ukcar.com/features/tech/Engine/vv/vvt_3.htm
http://newsletter.csmauto.com/fall-2003/?a=3

VVT < Has a cam lobe for low rpm and 1 for high RPM

VVTLi2.jpg

VVTL < Has a Low end lobe a Mid Range lobe and a High RPM lobe (Just like Honda VTEC)

vvlcg.gif

When such technology wasn't out there was just camshaft for a lowend punch or midrange or if you have a Highend camshaft you didn't get good performance till you got to some good rpm.

Thats why I'm wondering will the new toyota V8 have VVTL-i and finally add that secondary low rpm camlobe ?

All 1uz's with vvt are vvti.

Not many Toyota motors only have VVT.
The only one I can think of is the early 20V 4AGE's.

the 99-00 1UZ is vvti.
all 3UZ's are vvti.
The later 2UZ's are vvti.

Also, Toyota doesn't use 2 lobes like the VTEC system.
It rotates the cam Xdegrees with respect to the crank.

Ignoring my previous post (I misread the question)

But what Toyota engine's DO have VVTL-i ?

The only car I've ever seen the sticker on was the Corolla (2ZZ-GE), and that was only on the first few.

I thought they just dropped the L from the name, and that it stood for Linkage?

Just did a search, turns out I'm wrong.

http://www.toyota-europe.com/technology/glossary/gloss_vvtl_i.html

But, in regard to your question MidShipCivic, Toyota won't put VVTL-i on the motor until they put it in a performance spec'd car.

VVTL-i was designed to increase the power output of a 4cylinder.

If they employed VVTL-i on the 3UZ (or what ever replaces it), they could easily produce well over 450hp from it.
This is not something that Toyota sees the need to do.

The 3UZ already pumps out about 350hp, which is more than enough for sales.
Add an extra 5grand worth of valvetrain to it, and things become more expensive.

If they put the motor into say, the new supra, if it ever gets released, then there is a good chance that they may use VVTL-i on it.

turboandrew said:
how can you cary lift by only changing cam timing? You either have to have multiple lobes or vary the rocker ratio.
You can't.

The hydraulic pin that actuates the high - Low camshaft lobes does.

Well I'm wishing the will make a VVTL-i V8 I will convert the latest gen celica into a mid engine 4wd.

My guess is the LF-A probably has VVTL-i, because they have bragged that they can get 500 HP in a V8 with less than 5 liters. Maybe the Supra will just get a V6 with VVTL-i or a V8 with dual VVT-i, like the new avalong has (welll, it's a V6 in the Avalon). Is the Avalon a US spec car only?

Australia has the Avalon but not the same as your current model.

We were sent the old dies from the US to produce our Avalon.

This means you got a new model and we got your old model.

Classic recycling method. Give the Aussies the old car as they won't know any better!

They only sell around 5,000 per year in Australia.