Why yes, I can...

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
tig. its not that hard. i had another friend tell me his friend could do it & on & on he went bugging me if i could. i knew how but i never tried it b4 so i sat down this morning & figured it out :)

made me a pyramid lol

aluminumfoil-5.jpg

Ive got a mate who can very neatly tig aluminium cans together... and I thought that was bloody impressive!!!

did you dio that using TIG???

wow thats very impresive,
I tried to solder that once with durafix and a propane burner but I couldn't even get the temp balance between the solder and the foil close enough.... for the flux to go off, and I onle needed 400degrees c

very nice indeed.

I can do the thicker stuff 0.5mm watertight, but 0.001" is really neat

grtz thomas

:bsflag:

Tig welder of over 12 years. Ive yet to see this trick done in person. Its always pictures or "friend of a friend of an uncle's friend who did it one day...."

Please video tape and show us. :flowers1:

It can be done, I have seen it done before. I have done the aluminum cans myself (not hard to do). I have only tried it once on some aluminum foil and it melted / burned away to damn fast, but at that same time, I only have a big ass Miller Syncrowave SD300 that is not stable below about 10 amps (way to much for foil).

The guy that I have seen do it has since passed away so I can get a video of him doing it. Now one thing that he did that might make a differance in doing it is that he did it on a copper backing plate.

well to add on my previous post, I supose if one could get the durafix flux sticks which I use for brazing/soldering aluminium thin enough it could be done,

the problem is (tried some foil just for fun) you need to heat up all 3 parts the: to weld pieces and the flux to 400degrees using a propane burner. but the foil is allready gone before the fluxstick even wants to melt. you may not hold the fluxstick itelf into the flame because you'll loose strength in the joint. the flux stick you normaly get from durafix are quite thick 3mm or so, but you can strecht them out pretty good which makes them thinner.

thicker alloy brazing is pretty easy once you had some practice and I think it's a nice alternative for Tig on non structural parts, and you can even use this as a form of helicoil, fill the destroyed hole up and rebore and tap. it is really strong of the parts are perfectly clean, just don't use it on parts that go over 370degrees celcius.

I also have never actaly met anyone who did tig foil together but I am sure it can be done, question remains on the purpose of such skill but hey, why not if you can.

grtz Thomas

During class in my college one of the topics we studied was welding. The professor welded aluminium foil using the HV only, he said its a really cool trick.... o_O Aluminium foil is so thin thats enough, its like fixing your light bulbs with a ignition coil.

:bsflag:

Tig welder of over 12 years. Ive yet to see this trick done in person. Its always pictures or "friend of a friend of an uncle's friend who did it one day...."

Please video tape and show us. :flowers1:

dude it's so easy its rediculous. how can you not know how to do it lmao. it, razor blades & aluminum cans are nothing more than parlor tricks. foil & razor blades a child could do on the first try.

alu cans... it depends on how you want to do it. you can make it easy enough so a mid-level experianed aluminum welder can do it with some practice, or you can make it pretty difficult.