Which throw out bearing setup to use with Tilton 7.25" R154 setup?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

sniper

Super Moderator
Anyone know what type of throw out bearing i can use on my R154 with a tilton 7.25" clutch setup? There are many different models offered by tilton and im not sure which will work for me. so, thoughts, ideas?

Did you ever come up with a tilton throw out bearing that works on the R154 for the tilton 7.25" triple plate clutch? I am working on a very similar clutch setup and also need to find a suitable throw out.

I used the howe throwout bearing on my quarter master 7.25 twin rally , never had any issues, it took about 1/2 inch of travel from start to grab to full grab. it took a bit of throttle work to take off smooth. only thing I didn't like was the noise from the floater plate at stop lights with the clutch pressed in.

I imagine you probably don't need to space the howe all that far out with the twin disc setup. Which would eliminate about 99% of the problems with the howe and quartermaster bearings.

From what I remember , the T/B was flat against the trans bearing retainer, I haven't had to pull the motor or trans in 6 years so I'm not 100%. I know for sure it was easier to setup then the t56 T/B I just did on a single disc.