Standalone ECU Which Megasquirt do you recommend for me?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Matt300ZXT

I've got a 93 SC400 and a spare 1uz with much lower miles than what I've got. I want to clean up the spare, bolt on my headers, change the water pump/timing belt, etc before I put it in. The p/o of the motor hacked the wiring harness to death so there is no harness, and I really don't want to take the time to painstakingly remove the one from the motor in the car when it comes out and re-route it back in all the creative ways Toyota did. And even if I bought a spare harness from a parted out car, it'd still cost about as much to get one as I could buy a used or unbuilt Megasquirt for.

I've done some reading on the threads here about Megasquirt and there's a loooooooot of talk about things that are over my head as far as guys using EDIS, specialty wheels on the crank, COP, etc and I don't need all that fancy stuff. The most I want to do is put on a new wheel or modify what I've got (only if I absolutely have to). I'm totally fine with running the stock twin distributors, and the stock 12-1 or whatever wheel came on a 92 SC400 from the factory, if Megasquirt will run it. I've seen where some guys say they have to cut a tooth off from the stock wheel and I'm sure my Dremel can handle that if it's a necessity.

Anyways, what Megasquirt do you guys recommend for me to just run what I brung so to speak? Might as well get one to run fuel and spark, but I haven't really read into Megasquirt since several years ago when I was heavily looking into one for my 280Z, so my familiarity with them is nil.

Also, FYI the car will be a w58 more than likely, so no need for a transmission controller since I've read they make those too.

No one wants to toss in an idea? I was looking at a comparison on one of the Megasquirt sites and it says 2 and the new 3 do control dual distributors, so I'm leaning towards just a Megasquirt 2 that'll control spark as well.

There are a few people here with MS experience; unfortunately I'm not one of them, however I run an AEM setup on my 2JZ Supra, and plan to run the AEM when the 1UZ gets swapped in.

If it were me, I'd probably go with the MSIII, just to have the additional capability for the future, and the latest upgraded technology, assuming the MSII is stable and people aren't writing horror stories about their installations.

Just my opinion, and probably worth about what you paid for it!

I'll second that. I'm running MS2 with all stock sensors, coils, dissy's, etc. I'm also running the GPIO board to control the auto. MS2 or 3 will do the job. It's up to you to compare the features and decide if you want the extra features of MS3.

Read this post and the manuals and you will have all the info you need.

http://www.msextra.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=101&t=35950&p=251419#p251419

But it also isn't that difficult to swap the loom over from you existing car. just need to take some covers off and the top half of the manifold off.

Cheers

Daniel.