Which engine is what year

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Des

Hi
At the risk of seeming very dumb.
Can you direct me to where I can find...?
Which engines are what year, in specific what is avail 2001/2002 vintage?
This is to comply with Queensland T/port regs of less than 5 year old
Which ones are alloy block.
What size is each of the types in displacement.
Thanks in advance
Des

1990-1995, 1uz, non vvt-i, all alloy, 4.0L
1996-1998, 1uz, vvt-i, all alloy, 4.0L
1999-current, 3uz, vvt-i, all alloy, 4.3L
1997-current, 2uz, iron block, alloy head, 4.7L

I'm not sure about the 1uz-3uz transition though

The cost of them!

These engines are pretty scarce as about the nly source in Asutralia would be written off LS400 and there wouldn't be too many of them.

I haven't heard of the QLD 5 year rule.

Can you expand on the rule.

the 5 year old rule is for icv's. you have to meet all adr's at the day of compliance. there is a exemption taking into account the length of time to build a car and the availability of second hand engines they will let you run a five year old egine at the date of compliance for emmicion reasons. Actually a engine that is certified to five year old emmision standards
or just run gas and a lot of it
that is why bullet emmision tested their engines and locked the computers. they were sourcing older engines and rebuilding them for conformity and had them certified. they may even still sell them it would be the best way to go rather than chase a 3uz

Ouch
I somehow new that was coming.
Any I deas on potential cost?
I may have to reconsider engine choice.
Bullet are not renowned for low prices and their being still in business is suspect.
Des

I have neevr seen a 3uz for sale anywhere

not even on Japans yahoo auctions, or Ebay USA.
But i'd expect it to be at LEAST $10k AUD

But how can they prove you motor is older than 5 years?
If you get any 1uz, and they stopped production in 1999 (don't quote me) then you can just say its a 1999 1uz, and thus coming under the 5 years.

That' going to bust the budget, especially for a second hand unit.
I have been advised I can get a new Ford Mustang motor 4.6l alloy 32v for less than that figure.
As far as I can tell the engine numbers have date of manufacture encoded within.
My project is not scheduled for lic until Aug 2006 so it will need a 2001 motor at oldest as far as I can tell.
Regards Des

The federal body who controls imports has the ability to plug a VIN into their computer and tell you when it was built and with what options.

If the Feds can do it I don't think the States are too far behind them.

Cheating on engine # could cause a problem.

Of course if you are looking at 2006 rego buy a 1UZ-FE and do the swap/build and if necessary buy a later engine in 2006 and sell the one you have.