Where people buy their half cuts from?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Drizt

Maybe we could make this one a sticky so that everyone can find the best places in their area for buying half cuts ?

Could everyone please fill out something like the following:

Company:
Contact Details:
Price:
What half cut:
Quality:
Would you buy from them again:

And has anyone been able to buy a VVT 1uz-fe ? how much and where (hopefully in aus)

I didn't buy a half cut but bought just an engine (to try and save some $$$), and I also wanted a front sump. Thought I'd still post the info up here. While I am happy with the engine I got, next time I would probably pay the extra and get a halfcut.

Company: Venom
Contact Details: Scott (07) 3208 3224
Price: $1000 (short motor)
What half cut: Just bought motor, which is out of a Celsior
Quality: Good (Excellent once cleaned up)
Would you buy from them again: Deffinetly, Scott is a champ!

I've heard Scott also sells halfcuts.

Here is my half cut details:

Company: The Toy Shop, Newcastle
Contact Details: Brad & Chris - [email protected]
Price: $2,500
What half cut: Crown Royal Saloon UZS 131, fully dressed
Quality: Good on outside, panels slightly dented from transport, haven't started motor yet
Would you buy from them again: Dunno anymore. Maybe. I thought I was supposed to get a Majesta, not a Royal Saloon. But Brad was understanding enough to hold my halfcut until I could organise myself to get it freighted down my way. He had a 40 footer container arriving soon, so he needed the space!! The halfcut I got is fully dressed so has everything still attached! Hopefully I can manage to get it home tomorrow!

As I was given my half cut for free I guess I would say I got a good deal. And yes I would take another, or three if I could get em.

Cheapest for crown motors at the moment in NSW is Ichiban in Moorebank 02 96007066 , $895. They do front cuts as well. There motors are fully hot tested (some importers just start them or cold compression test them.

Company: The Toy Shop, Newcastle
Contact Details: Brad & Chris - [email protected]
Price: $2,500
What half cut: Crown Royal Saloon UZS131, fully dressed
Quality: not started yet. but nice overall condition from outside. 100k kms
Would you buy from them again: maybe... Just J@p seem to have a rather large range lately.
but i'm also thinking of getting a bike instead of doing another conversion. >: )

** msg to mods, J@P shouldnt be blocked. especially on an import forum :-S **

Actually there is a guy in here named bsee. He is from Asian and he can ship a container of 1uzfe engines to Australia. Perhaps you hardcore Aussies can get a group buy together and import a container.

Not sure about price but surely very cheap.

Company: asian auto spares, slacks creek QLD
Contact Details: rupert 07 320 80133
Price: $1,500
Quality: 79k on clock,minor front damage, fan broken, rad dented but ok to use, fired and ran perfect, even had *** cd in player
Would you buy from them again: for sure, great service, discounted freight to perth

heya guys... nice thread! im just starting my conversion of the 1UZ into my 1981 toyota corona... got aaaaaages to go, but i feel better for every step closer i get haha.. Drizt, im in melb too sth east.. ill stay tuned to this thread as ill be needin an engine some time lol

catch
-Daz

Eastern Suburbs in Melbourne.

The best I heard of is Toyospares in Bayswater, bout to look into getting one from there. They are about $2700-

Also, quite amazing service, happy to help with any conversion questions, or do the conversion for you, or anything...

hi-lex said:
Company: asian auto spares, slacks creek QLD
Contact Details: rupert 07 320 80133
Price: $1,500
Quality: 79k on clock,minor front damage, fan broken, rad dented but ok to use, fired and ran perfect, even had *** cd in player
Would you buy from them again: for sure, great service, discounted freight to perth

I used the same company, and got the same price. Doesnt matter whether it si crown, celsior, ...... whatever. All fully dressed front cuts. Panels, although dneted, brakes, radiator, ............. Just no wheels.
Very good people to deal with, shipping no worries for them.

Company: Venom Custom Fab
Contact Details: Scott on 3208 3224
Price: $2100, hot tested and delivered
What half cut: UZS131
Quality: Dirty engine and damaged panels. 141K on clock. Otherwise sounded a very nice and tight engine.
Would you buy from them again: Without a doubt. I originally asked for a 1/2 cut with shifter ect. Didnt come with one, but Scott found one later. Just gave me a condensor cos mine was leaking. He will go out of his way to help and is always up for a chat.

Thanx sooo much adam...

i went down to toyospares today...
Matt is an absolute legend.. knows everything!! lol even pointed out that skyline GTR brakes bolt straight on to my struts!!

cant wait to put it in...
highly recomend!!!
-Daz

Lextreme said:
Actually there is a guy in here named bsee. He is from Asian and he can ship a container of 1uzfe engines to Australia. Perhaps you hardcore Aussies can get a group buy together and import a container.

Not sure about price but surely very cheap.

Anyone know more about this?
I'm in market for 1/2 cut within next month or so for 4x4 Hilux- I'm about to start ringing around.

Josh.