What you can do to your car without ANY HELP

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

stevechumo

I'm posting this thread to see how much we know what to do to our car without getting any help from a mechanic or a body shop. It'll be nice to have specific details of what parts of each catetory you can do. E.g. For engine, you can put "timing belt" if you know how to replace timing belt and nothing else.

You can copy and paste the categories and add yours next to them.

1. Engine:
2. Transmission:
3. ECU/EMS:
4. Tuning:
5. Suspension:
6. Brake:
7. Interior:
8. Electrical:
9. Stereo:
10. Bodywork:
11. Additional Skills:
12: Can you modify?
13. If you can modify, then what can you do?
----------------------

Here are mine:
1. Engine: Overhaul & rebuild complete engine, plus all maintenance tasks.
2. Transmission: Replace a whole transmission, but not rebuild.
3. ECU/EMS: N/A
4. Tuning: N/A
5. Suspension: Replace suspension.
6. Brake: Replace brake systems.
7. Interior: Clean
8. Electrical: Minor work such as installing e-fans & fog lights, replace dead bulbs.
9. Stereo: Install complete aftermarket stereo systems.
10. Bodywork: Fixing dents, bondo, reshape minor areas with fiberglass, modify body kit, and complete paint.
11. Additional Skills: Welding.
12: Can you modify? Yes
13. If you can modify, then what can you do? Putting on turbo or supercharger kit, and body kit.

1. Engine: Overhaul & rebuild complete engine, plus all maintenance tasks. Design, fabricate and install custom components outside of longblock, Fabricate headers/exhaust etc.
2. Transmission: Replace a whole transmission, but not rebuild (not so far anyway)
3. ECU/EMS: N/A (Will probably dive into this for trans controller next year)
4. Tuning: Yes, but not extensive. limited to O2/EGR/Timing/fueling and mechanical so far.
5. Suspension: Design, fabricate, install, align, balance and tune custom components, mix and match parts from anywhere that suit the need
6. Brake: Design, fabricate, install, align, balance and tune custom components, mix and match parts from anywhere that suit the need
7. Interior: Maintenance, or remove, Design/build seat mounts/custom seats
8. Electrical: As much as I have to, including total harness disassembly and rewire, but I hate doing it - Only do to clean up harness or motor swaps
9. Stereo: Nothing, or Remove completely.
10. Bodywork: Everything but create panels from scratch.
11. Additional Skills: Welding (Mig/Tig), Machining (Manual and CNC Lathe/Mill), Fabrication, 3d modeling/design (CAD/CAM/CNC)
12: Can you modify? Yes
13. If you can modify, then what can you do? Anything I put my mind to, usually building race cars from BIW up, or hotrodding street cars. Cutting weight and redundant systems and Suspension tuning are my focus areas.[/QUOTE]

I can do most things except automatic and ECU side..
Can assemble engine, mate owns automotive, NO issues there..
I have three MIGS and 1 TIG welder, hoist and good set of tools..
Engine crane, stands etc..
Until I started this Celica project I didn't do much panel work!!
Mainly because I didn't have to.. Love fabricating and the joy of making things MYSELF
even if at times it isn't too pretty... This Celica has made me learn how to "cut rust out" !!!
All my cars are turbocharged.. The main one is a Ford with Iron Eagle Dart block with 330 stroker crank
with two small T3 sc61 Precision turbo's has 482 RWKW just under 650 h.p..
Two WRX subaru's...
My trade is live Lineworker ..

Last edited: