What would be the best motor swap into AE86 Hatch?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
On new zealand show "import X" they are putting a 1uz into a ae86 hatch, and there was a hell of a lot of work involved they had to cut out the firewall and reweld one back to fit it in. It looked easy on the show cause they did it in like 2 mins :). but im sure there was a lot of cursing and anger when they were doing it.
1uz if your keen for a mission and have good skills at doing this.

"best" is a matter of opinion! I'd go for a peripheral ported 12A rotary myself
sgrin.gif
:)

340i said:
asking what engine to put in a car on a lexus v8 forum is a bit of a rhetorical question isn't it?
I reakon, crazy talk i tell you.
But not as crazy as murphy who mentions rotangs on a v8 forum??
My opinion is yeah rotangs go hard but they sound like a toy car i had when i was 5.

You're just bitter
mischievous.gif
hehe

seriously though, after I sell my current RX-7, I don't think I'll have another rotary street car ... race definitely, but not for the street

The 3sgte engine is a bit tall to fit directly in the ae86. Actually I think the 1uz is a better fit. Or mabe a newer toyota 1,6. The 20 valve version with forced induction.

200sx-v8 said:
The 3sgte engine is a bit tall to fit directly in the ae86. Actually I think the 1uz is a better fit. Or mabe a newer toyota 1,6. The 20 valve version with forced induction.
There is no 20V 4AGZE.

Persoanlly I would get a 4AGZE bottom end and use a small port head with a turbo flowing ~12PSI and an aftermarket ECU.

There is not a lot of weight shift and you do not throw away all of the suspension development work that has been completed on the AE86.

Ah yeah, forgot one, what about the 3sge with dual vvti from the japan IS200. This engine is already mated to a 6 speed manual with longitudinal configuration and 200+ n/a hp.