Weak Starting - Not Alt/Battery

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

RedPhoenix

CLIFF NOTES
1. Up until Sat night the car's starter had the very zippy sound
2. After that, it became really sluggish, starting wasnt as easy as it used to be.
3. Tested Battery and Alternator - TESTED OK
4. Bought a new battery - Car still starts sluggish.
5. It happened just like that, started fine and then an hour later, started slow.

Long verion below

On sat night, I was leaving for a car show and when I started my car, instead of the normal zippy starter sound, it was very sluggish, but still started the car.

I drove the car to the show, then left, went to dinner, and went home. The starter sounded weaker everytime I started it, making me think battery or alt.

When i got home I self tested the alternator and saw it was in the 14v range. I trickle charged the battery and in the morning, it started better than before, yet still sluggish.

I went to Advance and I had my friend test my battery AND my alternator, both tested OK.

However, we tried out another "new" battery, yet same thing, weak starting. I bought the battery because it was a steal for an Optima :).

However, this brings the question, is this my starter telling me it is dieing? Or is it something else? The grounds are fine and the connections all around are good.

Thanks for the help
Matt

Progress

Matt hows it going? Did you find anything? Sounds like the starting is just dying if everything else runs fine when its driving:burnout: