Water Meth Injection

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

V8hilux

Hi everyone, have nearly finished my Supercharger upgrade to my already 1uz'ed Hilux.

I am interested in Adding water meth injection, and am after some input.
How much flow etc would i need, and is it suitable to inject it into the back of the blower, through the rotors? or will this errode them.

Cheers, Luke.

Attachments

• 100_7580.jpg
    100_7580.jpg
    202.6 KB · Views: 14
I think most of us use a figure of 10-15% of our fuel flow for our M/W flow calcs. I originally was injecting all the M/W presupercharger, but found it was ineffective at cooling the charge air, so we relocated the nozzles to the manifold and that worked much better, but then the supercharger got hot enough to fry eggs.

If you're running high boost, I would mount 1 small nozzle at the inlet of the supercharger to keep it cooled down, and then I would put two or more nozzles in the manifold.

For my new setup, I was hoping to mount four small nozzles in the manifold, two on each side, but there's just no room, so I'm reverting to my original setup, which was a conical nozzle located just under the supercharger discharge, then a fan nozzle at the rear of the manifold. And I'll put a small nozzle at the supercharger inlet.

Is it the original snout etc? For some reason the Bullet Cobra kit comes with a custom billet bearing cover and snout... Looks like A1's would be cheaper..

Yep, blower snout original. Billet bearing cover sounds like it would look awesome though...

I am using a 2 piece pulley I machined, so can change the pulley size quickly without having to pull it off the shaft.

Not sure if I would have it tuned THEN add the water/meth.

The Meth is a fuel and it will affect the octane rating of your fuel and potentially alter the tune of the engine.

I know when mine was tuned I ensured the water/meth tank (15litres) was full so it was taken into consideration when the tune was done.

Its not tuned yet, but will probably add water meth later on down the track, just like to have everything pre organized so that its a near bolt on job, as this is my daily driver.

Would love to do it now, but i should stop spending $$ on it, atleast for a few months haha.