Water injection

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

ruishy1

Im considering adding water injection pre supercharger to lower my temps in conjunction with my chargecooler in the manifold.
However im concerned that the water may damage the coating on the rotors, anyone done thisn before ? any advice ?

It shouldn't hurt the rotors at all, in fact by keeping them cooler it will prolong their lift.

I used WI on my twincharge setup and Cribbj is using for his twin screw.

A nozzle pre charge is a good idea to help keep the SC cooler and it does cool down the intake as well, but, the best perf gain will be from using WI post SC as well. This is where the intake temps go a bit mad and WI will make large power gains for you.

I generally use a 50:50 water:methylated spirits mix. Some have tried Meth but i'm not a fan as it's nasty stuff.

Around 10-20% of total fuel load is about right but the exact % that will work best is setup specific so some testing will be required.

Last edited:
thats good to hear, will def be doing that then, i have a chargecooler inside my manifold, im gonna see how it gets on, if its not up to the job, il add WI to the manifold aswell :)

I'm definitely going to look more into this once I make the swap to the M112 (once it arrives!)

Is it a science setting them up? Or is it a DIY-able job like everything else I've done hehe

I'm definitely going to look more into this once I make the swap to the M112 (once it arrives!)

Is it a science setting them up? Or is it a DIY-able job like everything else I've done hehe

There's science to exploit if you want. Get on the aquamist site as alot of good info there and even a simple google search will turn up a heap of info.

Simply put, the injected water prolongs the burn in the chamber therefore increasing torque and less energy lost out of the the exhaust.

Even at it's most basic DIY though, WI will help prevent det and keep your engine nice and choke free :)

whisky its called over here :)
And due to scottish water being virtually free from limescale, i wont even need to purify it.
I did see something that had me interested, a guy used a thermos flask, with a 50/50 mix of H2O and meth, and cooled it to -50C so all the benefits of NOS, without the hazards !
might need to try that at some point :)

Once the mix ratio is 50/50 (or higher water content) corrossion problems decrease dramatically.

I don't take any precautions with my W/M injection to protect the alloy parts as I run around 55%water.

From Snow Performance FAQ..
10. Can I use pure methanol?

While all components of Snow Performance systems are designed to be able to handle pure methanol, it is not recommended for a number of reasons.

• Safety: Pure methanol is easy to ignite and burns with an almost invisible flame.
• Performance: Water absorbs twice as much heat as methanol in the intake and inside the combustion chamber. Water cannot be flash-ignited, so has what is almost an infinite octane number. In the government studies for WWII piston-powered aircraft, 50/50 water-methanol was found to be the best fluid to use for auxiliary fluid injection.
• Tuning and Engine reliability: Injecting 50/50 water-methanol will prevent over-injection. If too much is injected, it will quench the flame front and the engine will bog and lose power. If too much straight methanol is injected, this will not happen, as methanol is very forgiving of rich mixtures. This could instead lead to explosive backfires, cylinder wash, etc. which will not happen when 50% or more water is in the mixture.

I use distilled water and methanol from a race fuel distributor, plus when the system goes into the car, it'll have a good sock filter on the suction, and a very fine filter on the pump discharge. Same as any good fuel system.