want a 1000 hp tt 1uzfe

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
I have read about 4.6 cobra engines hitting 2000 hp, but then again the 4.6 dohc has a sh*t load of aftermarket support and a very sturdy design.

the Mustang is a popular car. probably 70% of people that buy 1 modify it, Ford was very smart to make such a strong setup. hopefully the new 5.0 Coyote engine is the same.

thanks heaps fopar for the heads up on it all

i have desided to go with the argo rods and ross pistons compresion ratio 9.5 will get L19bolts/studs for the rods

i will get the engine put together by j & j automotive here in perth he did the one i got in the car now

with the head stud kit i have a standerd one from the leuxus would i need to tap it out to 7/16 or just stay with the standard one

with the manifold do i get a bottom half made or just keep the standard one with a custom top half that tappers down to the rear

with the fuel side of things i got 1/2 inch lines in the car now
got bigger injector rails and the injectors i got are a set of 1600cc blue tops would that be enough or do i run another set

with the cams i have standard at the moment do i change them if so what to

Cams I went with either..
http://www.camshaftshop.co.nz/index.php/1UZ-FE/View-all-products.html
Or
http://www.tighecams.com.au/

They are billet cams .. Your possibly better off fitting NZ2 / Echo shim less buckets, so work out clearance and order cam with suitable base circle so you don't have to stuff around with shims etc..
I fitted 2mm os stainless one piece 2J valve's .. This also means the installed height is the same as 2J engine.. So performance valve springs can be used from this engine..
Brian Crower have a nice beehive set...
http://briancrower.com.au/springret-TOYOTA.html
The fuel lines will be fine.. Just make sure the fuel reg has enough capacity for fuel return.. -8 fitting at least..

thanks heaps fopar for the heads up on it all

i have desided to go with the argo rods and ross pistons compresion ratio 9.5 will get L19bolts/studs for the rods

i will get the engine put together by j & j automotive here in perth he did the one i got in the car now

with the head stud kit i have a standerd one from the leuxus would i need to tap it out to 7/16 or just stay with the standard one

with the manifold do i get a bottom half made or just keep the standard one with a custom top half that tappers down to the rear

with the fuel side of things i got 1/2 inch lines in the car now
got bigger injector rails and the injectors i got are a set of 1600cc blue tops would that be enough or do i run another set

with the cams i have standard at the moment do i change them if so what to

find out what your heads flow, get as much data as you can to work the cam specs out, as xr8tt said Kelford and Tighe make a good cam. we run a Tighe custom grind in ours.

head studs, we had a custom set made up to fit factory not sure who done them or the specs they may be H11/L19, GOMAC organised them all for us. they were dear $900 a set.

the manifold we kept the bottom manifold, port matched it to the heads and just made a custom plenum. alot of 1UZ experts say the bottom manifold limits power to around 5500rpm, we feel that may be true with NA applications but not on forced induction. the power figures don't add up that would mean we are making 1050hp@5500rpm we rev to 8000rpm, cams are supposed to make power up to 7500rpm if we made power all the way up to there it would be making 1200+hp on 25-26psi those figures u would expect to see on an exotic fuelled high comp engine not on an engine like ours. so don't be afraid to use the bottom manifold. here is a picture of what ours looks like, we are looking to run a similar style again just a little smaller

014-7.jpg

Bosch indy blues are good injectors we run the same, with E85 u should be fine, methanol u might be pushing it a bit as u have to double the fuel u use, whereas E85 is only around 30% more.

Last edited:
top one, richmond / richwood blower manifold
aka aerpc, and periano's

bullet manifold on the bottom

Attachments

• DSC00002.jpg
    DSC00002.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_2173.jpg
    IMG_2173.jpg
    192.4 KB · Views: 13
what about an elbow straight into the manifold? being drag only, has anyone tried that with a UZ? what do the Gullotto's run? i haven't seen pictures of the engine since the Zoom article years ago.

what about an elbow straight into the manifold? being drag only, has anyone tried that with a UZ? what do the Gullotto's run? i haven't seen pictures of the engine since the Zoom article years ago.

std top manifold ?

the soarer is still the same...

front view of box plenum
lexus will be simular to this sbc...
but with cast lexus aftermarket lower intake

Attachments

• !cid_813.jpg
    !cid_813.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 15
FoPar...Is the lower inlet as per Lexus or are the flange plates used only with more upright inlet ?? The std lower inlet drop down to "near" 90* from head...

I used these head studs..http://www.lextreme.com/allgo.html

We are making our own inlet.. We'll see how we go..
We're just a couple of keen guys having a go, sharing skills..
No commercial b.s .. Just keeping ourselves very busy...
Keeping our engine stands from going rusty...Lol..

Try to keep on topic guys...
Open a thread on swaps "projects / worklogs diary" on your projects...

this is the box plenum , i'm using on the richmond manifold base...

A good way to go. I prefer the Bullet manifold but with a few hours porting the Richwood one scrubs up OK.

Despite Fopars advice, i made an approx extra 50rwkw from just ditching the lower manifold with no other changes...it hurts the power curve no question...n/a or FI ;)

Funny how we do things in stages...Lol..
Start with 400 h.p and in time having more than double that...
Ahhh nothing like a good blown engine !!!

A good way to go. I prefer the Bullet manifold but with a few hours porting the Richwood one scrubs up OK.

Despite Fopars advice, i made an approx extra 50rwkw from just ditching the lower manifold with no other changes...it hurts the power curve no question...n/a or FI ;)

i had a look at the bullet manifold..
its lighter, and thinner casting
i only went the richwood one, to try help tir the banks together with more meaty manifold..

plus it may be easy to sell, if i want to off load the lexus stuff