VVT System Malfunction

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

ANTW1

1998 GS400 202K

ODBII CODE 1349 VVT SYSTEM MALF. BANK 1

According to what i've found on the web, the system is made up of the valve timing, VVT controller, OCV, and ECM.

Can anyone tell me where these parts are located and how to check them? (I found the OCV)

Any info is appreciated. My car was misfiring and now it won't even start. It happened after some cold weather came through.

Why cant I find a repair manual for a 98 gs400? Anyone know where I can find one? Is Alldata online worth it?

Thanks.

There are couple of sensors i am aware of since I have been messing around with VVTi. There are two sensors related to VVTi oil pressure located by the cam pulleys. There are also two cams sensors located in the middle of the heads. Those are the two systems i am aware of besides the regular stuffs.

most of vvti problems is due to lack of oil changes

look for 2 solenoids near the cam gears

basically there is a soleniod per vvti
and a sensor to tell the ecu how far advanced or retarded the vvti is

remove them and look inside see if they are gunked up
if u dont know what your looking at find somene who does

most of vvti problems is due to lack of oil changes

look for 2 solenoids near the cam gears

basically there is a soleniod per vvti
and a sensor to tell the ecu how far advanced or retarded the vvti is

remove them and look inside see if they are gunked up
if u dont know what your looking at find somene who does

That was what I was referring to. This problem also can occur with bad and dirty oil. There is an oil filter in the path of the VVTi oil inlet. It is located between the block and the head. If bad oil in your engine that will get clot up and alter your VVTi oil pressure and sensor.