Vaccum take off thread size

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

hrforever

I went out today to get a right angle, barbed fitting to connect the brake booster and heating system vaccum pipes to but was told none existed for the Lexus metric thread. This was from Enzed and Pirtek.

If this is correct, how do you get another vaccum connection? I'm using the threaded hole at the rear of the inlet manifold and running one hose to the brakes with an inline "T" for the heater vaccum.

Is there a fitting that fits (preferred) or should I just re-thread the hole to suit the fittings available (only as last resort).

on the back of my 1uz manifomd there is a vacuum fitting for the brakes and a separate one for the heater tap maybe yours has been bumped off/fallen out. or try ripco and see if they do a tee piece that you could cut into the rubber line - neil

litldv8, thanks but the only vacuum points I can see are a big one at the front that goes to the air intake just upstream from the MAF with a smaller one off the front to the power steering, one to each rocker cover and at the rear a small hose to the fuel regulator and somewhere unknown and finally the threaded hole which is the one I'm trying to use that is a 12mmx1.25 hole.

Given all these points I couldn't even say where the SC400 originally got its vacuum from for the brake booster. This is what happens when you buy a motor thats already removed from the car.

The thread hole at the back is for the brake booster, but not a barbed fitting. You use a banjo bolt, just like the ones on the fuel rails (not sure if its the same size). You'll find most Toyota motors use this setup.

The little vacuum port under this is for the heater system.

The big one at the front is for the power steering idle up valve return line. (the feed to the power steering idle up valve is from the air intake just after the AFM)

The little one at the front is for the fuel pressure regulator.

The one on top of the throttle body is for the charcoal canister

Obviously there is a difference between the 1UZFE motors and their respective vacuum take off points. The attached photo shows the back of my manifold. The middle hole is the 12mm mentioned earlier and to the right is the fuel pressure regulator going to a "T" joiner to somewhere, possibly the heater.

View attachment 9212

Still back to the original question, is there a 12mmx1.25 right angle fitting to take a vacuum off?

Obviously there is a difference between the 1UZFE motors and their respective vacuum take off points. The attached photo shows the back of my manifold. The middle hole is the 12mm mentioned earlier and to the right is the fuel pressure regulator going to a "T" joiner to somewhere, possibly the heater.

View attachment 9212

Still back to the original question, is there a 12mmx1.25 right angle fitting to take a vacuum off?
ahh, you have a later model 1UZ with the cast alloy fuel rails.
I didn't realise the FPR was at the rear, the other ones have it at the front.

Luck was on my side for a change. A brother-in-law had a banjo fitting left over from a Cressida overhaul he did some months ago which did the job perfectly. Unfortunately, he forgot to tell me about the it till the other day.

Anyhow, onto the next problem.