v160 / r154 bolt pattern

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

johnw

Anyone know if they are the same? I'd like to get a v160, but have an r154 lined up to buy right now. I'm wondering if the adapter for the v160 will work with this as well? thanks for your help!
john

this depends on what bolt pattern you are talking about. the bellhousing is an integeral part of the trans case on the V160 and V161, where as on the R154 the case and bellhousing are two different parts that bolt together. the R154's that were behind JZ engines overseas (example 1JZ 5sp. (JZA70) MKIII supra in Japan) have the same bellhousing to block bolt pattern as the V160/161 6sp. tranny's. all JZ series engines have the same bellhousing bolt pattern on the block. so unless its a R154 from a JZ series engine equiped car then no the V160 adapter will not work.

Chirs is right, the R154 will work with the adapter only if it is from another 'jz motor.

Eric

JDM Fantasy has a R154 tranny (I believe) from a JZ motor for sale right now.

Eric

it dont fit.

They are very much different but the good news id i have an adaptor plate and v160 box and cluch ass to suit a 1uz if you are serious about haveing the 6 speed pm me it is 10 times better than the 154.

oh what a feeling toyota.

the 154 comes from the 7mgte powered supras .
and the 160 comes from the jza 80 supra itsa 6 speed getrag box made for toyota where as the 154 os a toyta item i belive.
regards oz