V12 from uzfe

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
How strong is the M70 for that matter?

Well McLaren used it as the basis for the motor in the F1, and that motor made 650 BHP, so it's not too shabby a lump ;-)

Attachments

• E ngine-ItRuns!.JPG
    E ngine-ItRuns!.JPG
    105.5 KB · Views: 62
  • ExAsFarAsWeGot.JPG
    ExAsFarAsWeGot.JPG
    102.7 KB · Views: 65
they didnt. the S70 has ITBs(i think) in a carbon airbox, 4 valve heads(im very not sure about this, its only logical thinking), a forged crank and rods(86mmx87mm bore and stroke for 6.1L), and 11 or 12:1 compression(might have been lower, but i dont know. compression shouldnt be a hard figure to find.)

Exactly. So just how strong are the standard m70's and Jag V12's? Are their any ideas of what can be got out of stock engines (ignoring restrictions), for example it sounds like a stock unopened 1UZ can take around 400-500BHP (through whatever means like FI).

Really can get Jag V12's really cheap! Have to hear what they are capable of sounding like :)

The M70 built up as a 6.0 litre "very" modified NA motor will be good for the high 500's. My engine builder has done several of these, and the high 500's are quite attainable.

A mate of mine in the UK is currently building a "stock" unopened 5.0 litre motor with twin turbo's, and I'd guess he's looking for 600-700 BHP, or perhaps more. I really don't know how large his turbos are, or what boost levels he's planning to run.

I'm no authority on that Jag V12, but they're heavy pigs aren't they? Doesn't it have a cast iron block? I have a file of various motor weights, and it shows the Jag motor to be 680 lbs, fully dressed, while the BMW V12 is only 529 lbs fully dressed. The same reference shows the Lexus motor to be 460-470 lbs.

A few Jag V12 Twin Turbos are putting out very reliable 1,000+hp here in Australia.

They were done so long ago they use mechanical injection as EFI wasn't sufficiently advanced when they were built.

So that's what you crazy Swedes do with your six month long winters ;-)

Unique way of mounting those SC's - I kept looking for them in the Vee, hehehe. Are those twin M62's? Mighty big turbo's too! Warpspeed ought to get a kick out of this setup.....

Any power figures yet on these engines?

@ London benji,

The older jags are indeed pretty cheap when sourced form breakers, but the money involved in rebuilding and upgrading one to the sort of spec I think you're after, is realy reaeaeaLLY expensive!
that sort of money would buy you a used second hand ferrari engine.

just out of interest why is nobody looking at the mercedes 6.0 V12 engines, they must be quite cheap in germany. you'll have a nice amount of volume to play with, ok it's a 3 valve head, but that doesn't stop hidious amounts of torque to be made?

the AMG engines have 4 valves per cylinder and 4 bolt mains standard so....

you might be better off buying a more expensive engine to start with and spend a little less on making it all work, for instance a Bare AMG engine and a good ECU would do some serious stuff compared to a fully upgraded Jag, for less money.

grtz Thomas

So that's what you crazy Swedes do with your six month long winters ;-)

Unique way of mounting those SC's - I kept looking for them in the Vee, hehehe. Are those twin M62's? Mighty big turbo's too! Warpspeed ought to get a kick out of this setup.....

Any power figures yet on these engines?

Yep, the long dark winters are forcing us to be creative.. ;)

He´s not aming for max power but less lag, big volume engine, superchargers for low end torque and turbos for top end, the superchargers disengage at higher revs, I think he said that the aim was about 800 horsepower or so but the cars he use are REALLY light.. so it is still a good punch in the back!! :)

@ London benji,

The older jags are indeed pretty cheap when sourced form breakers, but the money involved in rebuilding and upgrading one to the sort of spec I think you're after, is realy reaeaeaLLY expensive!

just out of interest why is nobody looking at the mercedes 6.0 V12 engines, they must be quite cheap in germany. you'll have a nice amount of volume to play with, ok it's a 3 valve head, but that doesn't stop hidious amounts of torque to be made?

you might be better off buying a more expensive engine to start with and spend a little less on making it all work, for instance a Bare AMG engine and a good ECU would do some serious stuff compared to a fully upgraded Jag, for less money.

grtz Thomas

I think you´ll love thisone... All Carbon Skyline R34 with AMG V12 Quad turbo :)

http://jalopnik.com/cars/custom-cars%252fhot-rods%253a-tuners/super-skyline-mercedes+powered-1000-hp-v12-151163.php

http://skylinev12.neufblog.com/skylinev12/

It broke down when competing in "King or Europe" (a streetracing competition) but until it blew, it was really fast! =)

The Frenchmens are Crazy too!!

:)

@ London benji,

grtz Thomas

I think the sort of engine build I am after is going to be out of my budget eventually anyway.... I'll just have to do it piece by piece :)

At the end of the day a hard built 1UZFE will probably end up the same or near a hard built Jag/BMW M70 V12. But in all honesty with a V12 engine I would mainly be gunning for sound rather than power so it isn't so expensive since in standard form they aren't exactly shy, I mean I think we are spoilt, since when was 250BHP NOT a lot of power?!? Especially in something very light.... look at the Ariel Atom 2 for example.

I see you point for the ferrari engines, the thing is you could build a M70 block for strength and FI and hit around 600-800bhp depending on how far you want to go, or you could by a stock ferrari engine for the same price and perhaps only hit around 400-500bhp maybe?

Plus also getting hold of one in the first place will be a little difficult surely? But most importantly buying parts for it is going to be HELLA expensive, even just to do things like and engine refresh I would imagine official ferrari prices will sting a little.

Cribb, any more info/links on that stock unopened FI motor of your mates? So with stock internals with some FI do we reckon there is a reliable 600bhp available?

Zuffen, any more info/links on those 1kbhp Jag V12's? What do you reckon with stock internals and some FI would be a reliable bhp figure?

Cobolt, all of those links are just simply nuts!!! Awesome links, I wonder if you could do me a favour? What does this mean:

"B234 k Man kan ta ut den effekten om man vill,nu ska inte jag det
utan jag menade mer att man utgår att man kommer att uppgradera
bilen framöver.Att man har lite över dim bromsar däck bakaxel osv.
för nån gång kommer man att göra det,kanske inte med 1500hk
men kanske 800-900hk och då slipper man bygga en ny bil smiley.gif

v-man wattlänken kommer att sitta fast i framkant där kardanaxeln
ansluts.svårt att förklara,kommer på bild om nån vecka då jag jobbar
12 timmmars skift en vecka framöver tongue.gif"

Also (if anyone else knows as well) what the hell this is for?

v12_192l.JPG

v12_193l.JPG

As for the Mercedes V12's they have been mentioned previously, I've done some googling before I think but didn't find much info, do you have any info/links?

As for the newer Mercedes engines I called up my mate who works in a Mercedes dealship in the parts department and the conversation went pretty much like this:

Me: Dude how much for any of the new merc V12's?
Him: Hmm, hold on a second.......right they are £56,000
Me: WHAT?!? No dude I meant just the engine not the entire car.
Him: No that IS just the engine, EXCLUDING VAT (17.5%) so just a touch under £66000

:Eyecrazy:

Bloody hell, thats a lot for just the engine!

though he's probably on about the 6L+ 4valve AMG units (aka pagani zonda and GTR engine)

2 600sel v12 engines went for about 2000euro's each a few months back on ebay germany, www.ebay.de these are the older units but: come on, 6 liters should do some good with 12 intake trumpets sticking out behind your ears....... (ultima can-am.... hmmm Nice)
those older engines pump out over 400hp in stock trim and it's known that fueling was very conservative to get only "some" millage in the cars :)

here's a nice start with chassis codes for the merc's the engines came in,
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mercedes-Benz_CL-Class
the forums and boards do not use names in the mercedes corner but chassis codes, just like we are talking an LS400 but the rwd corrola crew use only the chassis type AE86 to define the car they're talking about.

the M120 engine is what you're after.

grtz Thomas

engine block for starters?
http://cgi.ebay.de/Motorblock-Block...ryZ61304QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I
Cobolt, all of those links are just simply nuts!!! Awesome links, I wonder if you could do me a favour? What does this mean:

"B234 k Man kan ta ut den effekten om man vill,nu ska inte jag det
utan jag menade mer att man utgår att man kommer att uppgradera
bilen framöver.Att man har lite över dim bromsar däck bakaxel osv.
för nån gång kommer man att göra det,kanske inte med 1500hk
men kanske 800-900hk och då slipper man bygga en ny bil smiley.gif

B234 K it is possible to have that kind of power if you want, but I´m not going to, I meant that the car will be upgraded in the future and that it is a good ting to build in some extra capacity regarding tire dimensions, brakes, tires, rear axle, I mean it will happen sometime, maby not with 1500hp but maby 8-900hp and than you don´t have to build a new car.

v-man wattlänken kommer att sitta fast i framkant där kardanaxeln
ansluts.svårt att förklara,kommer på bild om nån vecka då jag jobbar
12 timmmars skift en vecka framöver tongue.gif"

v-man the wattlinkage will be mounted in the front of the bellhousing where the shaft connects to the rear axle.

Also (if anyone else knows as well) what the hell this is for?

v12_192l.JPG

v12_193l.JPG

Don´t know exactly what that is.. looks like something that could stiffen the package but that´s only a guess..

As for the Mercedes V12's they have been mentioned previously, I've done some googling before I think but didn't find much info, do you have any info/links?

No, I have wery little info regarding that engine, only the sdt specs like bore/stroke and such.. no real info about how its built.

As for the newer Mercedes engines I called up my mate who works in a Mercedes dealship in the parts department and the conversation went pretty much like this:

Me: Dude how much for any of the new merc V12's?
Him: Hmm, hold on a second.......right they are £56,000
Me: WHAT?!? No dude I meant just the engine not the entire car.
Him: No that IS just the engine, EXCLUDING VAT (17.5%) so just a touch under £66000

OMG!! now that´s a pricetag!!

Personally I´d like to have the new BMW V12 engine... no butterflies, only variable lift as throttle... :)

Haha What a small world after all Cribjj,

I know Andy, he's on the Locostbuilders list also as andy GTT, noce forum aswell btw.

give him my regards on the GTT when you meet him, brilliant work!

Grtz Thomas

Haha What a small world after all Cribjj,

I know Andy, he's on the Locostbuilders list also as andy GTT, noce forum aswell btw.

give him my regards on the GTT when you meet him, brilliant work!

Grtz Thomas

It seems the same hotrodders hang out in the same places ;-) I met Andy over at kitcentral in the 10+ cylinder area where a lot of the M70 fanclub hangs out. We've traded ideas now for a year or so, and I bought my M70 to G50 adaptor plate from him. He's obviously going a different direction with his twin turbo M70 than I am with my NA build. I keep intending to stop by his place when I pass through the UK, but he's about 4 hours from Gatwick.....

BMW did something sorta like this with the V12 that I'm playing with now. This engine was built as two inline sixes, and each bank had its own ECU, injection, and ignition system.
Old post bump. Even going back to Toyota OBD-I. OEM Toyota ECU's also use that strategy on V engines. Both banks are tuned & trimmed independantly of each other.