uzz30 1uzfe into 87 supra

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

ekoston69

Ive had a read through alot of the conversion threads involving mk3 supras and the 1uzfe and it seems pretty obvious that custom engine brackets need to be made to suit the supra crossmember. My question is has anyone got this to work with the early model's crossmember or will i have to use the later mk3 model crossmember with the round mounts? Also how far forward/back will i need to mount the engine to bolt up to the standard bellhousing position? Does anyone have any measurements/photos? I will be most probably be using a crs 1uz to w58 bellhousing, not sure if that is the same length as the supra housing..

cheers
chris

I am using pre-88 crossmember. The PITA is that UZZ30 sump is ~400mm wide, and crossmember clearance from mount to mount is less than 400mm.
I just cut it, as the mount on crossmember has internal strengthening plate...
Check my log: http://www.lextreme.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5512
You will see there some photos of mounts shape. Now I realize, that it shoud be thiner and the mount hole shold somewhat higher. But the engine is inside already, and I would not like to take it off again through the top.

Ah ok i see what you did, so did you just use the standard brackets from the 1uz, and the mounts from the mz20 crossmember? Then cut a bit out of the cossmember so the sump would fit? I was under the assumption that the rear sump from the uzz30 would sit behind the crossmember no problems? Also i think the mounts on the jza70 crossmember sit lower so using one of those could solve you problem with the bonnet