UZS 131 won't start

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

mico

G'day All,

I have a Crown UZ in my hilux which started and ran before Christmas (6 months ago), I've been trying to get it going again because I have some spare time and it won't start. It has fuel and spark aswell as compression and seems to crank well and it'll give the very occasional cough but nothing that says "I'm about to start".

I've checked all the wiring, made sure I have power every where I need it and checked all the earths, I even squirted some fuel down the t/b and tried to start it but...........

Has anyone got any ideas?? got me buggered (I normally find most of my problems and have been playing with this motor for about 9 years in 2 different cars)

Cheers guys

have you got fresh fuel in the tank & not the 6 month old stuff. Could make a bit of difference. Wouldn't hurt to pull the plugs and either change as already suggested or clean any crap off them if you have use stale fuel

Cheers guys, I haven't tried new fuel yet, it isn't throwing any codes, wouldn't have a clue how to get live data from the ecu......as for fuel flow and pressure no idea, but it seems to have a much as normal (at a guess seems to have heaps of pressure when i the crack the fuel rail bolts). And i'll give the plugs a clean they seemed ok but can't hurt can it... Thanks again guys I'll have another look over the next few days as I've got a very busy weekend in front of me Cheers heaps......

Check you have 12 volts at the injectors plus try and listen to them working (assuming you have the 12volts) by using a screwdriver as a stethoscope.

If they've been sitting they can gum up and not work.

Check you have 12 volts at the injectors plus try and listen to them working (assuming you have the 12volts) by using a screwdriver as a stethoscope.

If they've been sitting they can gum up and not work.

I have 12v at the injectors, I'll try listen to them need a 2nd person to help though so swmbo will have to help when she has 5 mins. The plugs are very wet when I've been cranking it so there is fuel in the cylinders.