UZS-131 ECU on a LS400

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Tacoma_Kyle

Ok, after much research, I have came to the conclusion that (for a dirt buggy [aka sand rail] and a next to bone stock 1vzfe in it) it would be best for me to run a crown ecu in place of a LS one, as I am in the states.

So to my understanding, using the wiring diagrams I can do one of two:

1-Keep the LS harness and swap a Crown 131 ecu in the place of the LS's ecu.
-Can someone confim this for me?

2-Ditch the LS wiring harness and ecu and put in a crown 131 harness and ecu.
-Can someone confirm this? Also, will the connectors all, for some reason, be identical on both engines? To my understanding they are not. And saying that they are not, what route would I go from there? Can I just cut out most of the LS harness (just leave connectors and 20cm or whatever length recomended) and just solder up the crown 131 in its place appropriately?

Thanks a lot for the help.

Attachments

• tshirt 001.jpg
    tshirt 001.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 0
  • tshirt 002.jpg
    tshirt 002.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 0
To run the Crown ECu you would find it easy and faster to use the Crown Loom.

That said there's no reason to not use what you have.

Look how many other guys in the States are running the LS400 version with a manual transmission.

The Crown route is the expensive way to do it.

Thanks for the reply, and your point. But the main thing is that there are 2 speed sensors. All that I have read info on have 1 plugged in and the other fooled into thinking it would be in neutral. The issue is that I have no idea what the other sensor would do if not plugged in. Is there just error codes or is there a limp mode for this sensor as well?

Also, dont crown 131's usually go for around 200 USD? Plus shipping of course?

Can you help me? Thanks.

The speed sensors are important if running the standard auto transmission. Without them the ECU will think the cars no moving and if you set up a neutral bypass it should run sweet. it shouldn't go into limp mode.

Crowns sell for a few hundred less than Soarer/LS400 engines but still no change out of $1,250+ with complete loom and ECU.

Keep looking/searching you will find your answers in this Forum.

I think that was what I needed. The engine would be going in a dirt buggy with a 4-speed VW transaxle and I just wanted to be a little more sure it would work fine with the neutral-bypass and the other unplugged.

Thanks for the help.

Tacoma -ever been to Pismo Beach for fun in the sand dunes? I use to own a sandrail with a built 350 Chevy in it and use to kill those dunes, also had a 74 Toyota Landcruiser with a built 283 Chevy in that and that baby was all offroad, jumping, pulling, climbing a true beast. I noticed you were in Reding Ca. that is why I asked. Good luck with your swap sounds like it will be a nice sandrail!

No never been to pismo, went to the dunes a little over a month ago and got hooked, but I am planning on for multipurpose use, like dirt mainly.

Sand Mountain kicks ass! 300-400' wall of sand.

Wow 300-400ft sand walls! Thats nuts, you better have a strong motor in your sandrail for that, pismo beach maybe 100 ft walls on a good day. That's awesome back in my 4X4 days I would have liked to check that out. Fewer breaks with your ride in sand then in dirt, right on!!!!!

Yeah, that kinda why I wasnt a 1uz! heh.

The group I was with had 4-5 rails. A VW bored, stroked and turboed, that would make it up about anywhere. Another was a mild build vw that would make it up some of the spots, but steeper sections it wouldn't. The odd one in the group was a basic rail with a Acura all-alum V6 I think 3.0 but not sure. That would go anywhere in 2nd gear (vw transaxle). It was carbed to to get rid of the ECU but still ripped.

Oh yeah, sand mountain is probably about 1 mile long in length. It was a freakin blast. Got a quote on steel for it, about 200 bucks, not bad really. 1.5" .120 wall and .095 wall. I need to get that damn FIAT engine outta the garage (grandfather-grandson project, me being the grandson and he's laggin!).

Yeah, I hear you, throw some cup tires on a 300hp sandrail and you will blaze a trail up sand montain. Just try not to flip front over end, I have done that before. No damage thank god. Oh, the good old days. Good luck with your conversion, have fun man it's a blast!!!!