UZA70 My other project.

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Jake Breyck

well im nearing time to bolt the motor into my supra, only waiting on a few parrts to arive at the doorstep, so i guess ill start my thread for this car,

Its a 91 NA Mk3 supra that ive owned for years yet did little with, it devloped a rod knock about a year ago and i was planning on building a JZ motor for it but was offered a 1uz from a friend. Unlike my corolla that has about a year still on the project, i hope to have the supra running before the new year.

Not a really great pic of the car...

supra1.jpg

Heres my mounts thanks to CJSupra90 PM him if you want a set.

Mounts.jpg

And here is my clutch 6 Puck Solid hub metal on metal 1800lb pressure plate. for W58 this is a man clutch. :) If this clutch stands up to my torture test ill be selling these, for a few diffrent applications.

w58clutch.jpg

Here is my other project thread, 1UZ AE86 being much more complex and expecive of a project its going a lot slower.

http://lextreme.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4724

Nope but at $50ish a peice why bother, haha i can replace them all day long and not care, hell if i replace the trans with every clutch it would only add 10% more cost and no extra time. also ive had alot of good luck with w58s in the past, on my NA-T supra.

alright, well its been awile, got some magor updateing to do..

here is the inside of the bellhousing, with the adaptor plate, and Howe clutch slave, knotice the missing bolt, its where a studd must go to keep the slave from spinning..
IMG_0345.jpg

here is the stock bolt, the beginnings of my new stud, and the studs provided with the slave that dont have the correct thread for a toyota.

IMG_0349.jpg

little welding action, flywheels aprenrently make great welding tables. also hard to make out but you can see one of the really oddly designed mounts for my corolla. the odd design was to keep plenty of room for downpies to fit between the motor and frame, but never mind that this is about my supra.

IMG_0348.jpg

studd in place.

IMG_0350.jpg

slave, studd, and lines all hooked up,, one is the pressure line that hooks to the master cyl, and the other is the bleeder, so it can be bled with out removing the trans.

IMG_0354.jpg

These spacers come with the Howe slave to help set it in the right position to hit the pressure plate, it takes like 10 trys to get them right, each try you have to put the trans on the motor, i used a small amount of paint to tell if they where touching. just add and remove spacers as needed.

IMG_0355.jpg

Bellhousing is now bolted to the engine with the lines though there holes. ready to put into the car.

IMG_0356.jpg

IMG_0357.jpg

we had to take a trip to walmart at around midnight.. as we saw this...

http://www.jakebreyck.com/Projects/Supra/800/IMG_0365.jpg
had to take one image out due to image posting limits, so heres a link instead

motor almost in the car, dont knock the strap, its crazy strong.

IMG_0370.jpg

heres the motor sitting on the mounts, time to clean up and go to bed.
IMG_0372.jpg

Today was another progress day, with the help of Chris (CJsupra90) and matt (Redphenix) and my friend nick. ill post those pics with a little update as soon as i receve the pics.

some pics from today, lot less visual progress but took care of little issues, and did a little wireing...

Picture001.jpg

Joining hair club for men tommrow morning !!!!
Picture004.jpg

Old motor.... Its for sale :)
Picture009.jpg

Chris and i working on the mount that didnt quite drop in right.
Picture011.jpg

Well hopefully tommrow ill get some pics with that rope removed, it was removed some time afer the last pics where taken today. Once its running ill worry about cleaning it up becouse its diiiiirrrrttttyyyy. and dont mind the ugly ass paint, new paint job is in the works.

Jake, I just noticed this thread. Anyways, you should have asked me about shimming the release bearing, you shimmed it the extremely hard way. Its very simple to do without having to uninstall and reinstall the tranny xxx number of times..... Just a few quick and easy to due dimensions and some adding or subtracting of shims and your done.

jake what ecu are you using aftermarket or stock? Congrats for getting the car running. I'm contemplating on doing that swap as soon as I can get my 7mgte motor running right and start getting all i need for the swap. I want this swap because of the weight distribution i'm going to get out of it. :arms:

thanks

jake what ecu are you using aftermarket or stock? Congrats for getting the car running. I'm contemplating on doing that swap as soon as I can get my 7mgte motor running right and start getting all i need for the swap. I want this swap because of the weight distribution i'm going to get out of it. :arms:

thanks

Stock SC400 ECU

Jake isnt updating so I will.

The car moves on its own power with the W58. Took it to the exhaust shop to get the exhaust welded, wont his neighbors be so happy ;)

Hopefully some more updates once its fully buttoned up.

yep thanks matt and chris. yes the car runs drives goes good. I have a few little issues to deal with, vacume leak to find, tps out of adjust, need a trottle cable braket, figure out why my headlights and tail lights dont come on, but nothing that is a big deal.

hope to have most of this solved on sunday.