UZ1 w/ A350

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

sonbum1

I have a stock 90 LS400. Is it possible to swap out the tranny for an A350? If so what would the cost be, and were in LA county could I get it done at?

sonbum1 said:
I have a stock 90 LS400. Is it possible to swap out the tranny for an A350? If so what would the cost be, and were in LA county could I get it done at?

Good luck. Unless you're planning to use an aftermarket transmission controller you're out of luck. The transmission may bolt in easily to the motor but controlling the tranny will be a nightmare without a proper controller. I've seen programmble controllers available in the states to suit this tranny for around $700-800. The cost of the install may not warrant the slight extra performance(maybe) unless you do it yourself. If you're going to spend the cash, do it properly, and find a 6 speed auto.

I found an A350 on TradeMe recently for NZ$200... Too good a deal to pass on so, if your in the right spot at the right time, it's not too expensive.
Kdog is adapting his trans controller to work with the A350. The A340 version is around A$300 incl freight to NZ so even with a premium for the 5 speed version I should get it runing for less than NZ$600...

The local importers charge $1200 for a motor (incl electronics) and $1500 for a complete motor and trans package so, as I wanted to buy a controller anyway, the A350 should cost me $0.00 over the A340...!!!

Don't know if there is a performance advantage to be had but if 4 is good, then 5 must be better...
For big hp the A340 has the advantage as they can be built stronger as there are more parts available...