Twins?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Philly#1 Lex

Still cant decide on twins that are not Garrett GT series. The price of the garretts are hard to swallow for an intial setup? Looking to be economical, Maybe master power or Holset. Or ebay turbos I just need to know the specs of twin. Straight t04 will fit in the SC400 you think? Or a T3/t4 with The .48 or .63 hot side? and a 57 trim or 60 trim wheel? Trying for 500-600whp horsepower! About 18-200 psi. Any help will be appreciated:shrug:

Straight T04's would be to big on the hot side and probably lag way to much. I'd go T3/T4 and either the .48 or .63 hot side will work, but my choice is the .63, wont choke the engine like the .48 might in the top end. After looking at all the different compressor maps, my choice if the T04E-46 trim. these units will produce 35lbs/min (350 crank hp ruffly) each at 18psi (2.22 pr) and still be in the 70% efficiency range and still easily put the peak torque in the highest efficiency range of the units which is what you cant. so theres 700 crank hp which should net you the 500 to 600 whp goal if not more.

The .48 or .63 hot side?

WAY too small to support any kind of decent horsepower.

look at the area of 0.7 - 0.85 exhaust A/R and nothing less than 0.6 compressor A/R.

fit a reducer just before the turbo (a conical piece just before the flange) to speed up gas flow and make the gas "hit" the turbine harder aiding in spool up time.

then when you fit some cams, remove the reducer and hey presto - a pair of well matched turbos.

this is a 1.13 exhaust A/R - i will be using this on mine.

attachment.php

attachment.php

yeah, but are you running twins or a single? I see where you are comming from with the A/R's, but with the exact setup as I mentioned above with the .63 A/R turbines on a 96 4.6L mustang we dynoed 542 whp 561 wtq. which is pretty decent if you ask me. Now what I am curious about that we never measured is what is the turbine inlet pressure on her car. Probably pretty high. I do like the idea of increasing velocity to aid in spool up and allowing the use of a larger turbine A/R. I think that i might have to try that on my new setup.

yeah i'm running a single but i'll still need a reducer in front of that turbo!

i've always said you're better off going one size bigger and playing around with reducers (or smaller pipes) - coz when you want more power, removing a bit of manifold is cheap compared to buying two new turbos!

if you build the reducer right, you can create a venturi effect just before the turbo as well.