Twin Turbo 1UZ 1970 Ford Capri street/strip car

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
its pretty easy to read the plugs with E85. the 8.20 pass was exactly the same as the 8.27 pass same tune everything, checked the logging and all the data AFR etc matched both runs. it's gotta be something electrical in regards to popping.

stop playing put that promag 44 on...:eek:

turbo doorslammer:p

phark yeah :p

new shocks put into the front, its doing too many wheelstands, so went with a 60/40 :D

also a new set of Wilwood 4-pot calipers, shame it's still got the 45yo Ford Galaxie 20+kg drum brakes on the back :p

Dynapro_Low_Profile-lg.jpg

well who woulda thought in the world of old skool dinosaurs engines and Elite Show cars, a Toyota/Lexus DOHC powered street car would ever get nominated as a finalist for the 2011 Street Machine Car of the Year award? :rolleyes: not sure what Joe has been saying, doing or how much money he has handed out to get nominated :p

it's an absolute honour to be nominated, guess we are there to just make up the numbers :p 15 Elite show cars and 1 street car. no chance of winning the $15k prizemoney, it would be nice though, gets the new motor done quicker :p added the links just incase u wanted to vote for us or any other car that tickles the fancy, as u will see, the Capri is very ummm un-show car didn't even polish it or clean the rubber from underneath for the photoshoot :p

a link for the Street Machine article is also in there as well http://smoty.com.au/comps/smoty2011/viewmachine.aspx?Code=MI10

Voted!
Should win easily if its the onyl true streeter! That and it runs low 8s!

thanks mate. i think SM is more about show cars now then street cars. maybe 2 or 3 of the cars in the top 16 are properly driven i'd say. obviously we'd love to win, the $15k will get us 15000 steps closer to that 1500hp 1UZ we want to build ;)

I call dibs on the old motor. Do i get a discount for voting? lol

he may keep the motor, just as a spare. if not im sure we can work out a Voters price for u :p it's making surprisingly good power, we may have just flooked it, it's showing around 1150hp@30psi flywheel with the 62mm turbo's on E85. he has thought about putting it on methanol, but i said it wouldn't be a street car anymore :mad: be interesting to see what it made with the 67mm's when get them on E85. have to be close to 1200hp.

the heads still have alot of porting to do, this port has proven to be working very efficiently, great port job n cam choice :D

I imagine there would definitely be a few people lining up for the chance to purchase the old engine if he ever did decide to sell. As much fun as it would be to see the results of it on meth, like you said, takes away from the whole streetcar theme in a big way.

Well Paulie, the competition is really heating up for you guy's now. The blue hilux run another pb last night out testing. 8.24 @ 169. Apparently he was having some boost controller issues but made for some good photo opportunities as you guys have found out before.

post-10-13141940331844201546.jpg

he may keep the motor, just as a spare. if not im sure we can work out a Voters price for u :p it's making surprisingly good power, we may have just flooked it, it's showing around 1150hp@30psi flywheel with the 62mm turbo's on E85. he has thought about putting it on methanol, but i said it wouldn't be a street car anymore :mad: be interesting to see what it made with the 67mm's when get them on E85. have to be close to 1200hp.

the heads still have alot of porting to do, this port has proven to be working very efficiently, great port job n cam choice :D

that manifold doesnt work...;)

the Hilux is hammering definitely got our work cut out for us :p he must have screwed some more boost in. i think the street machine article said it weighed around 3000lbs which is about what the Capri weighs. he is seriously considering radials after talking to a few guys, some have picked up time and MPH, he was wlways worried about 60' but some of the guys on radials are going in the low 1.2's. we might have to throw in some more boost also ;) if we can get rid of the issues we are having it should run alot faster. we checked the spark plug leads and the resistance was all over the place. got some new 11mm Eagle's will see if that helps.

ash, yeah gotta change that manifold, sucks only making power to 5500rpm ;) when the new motor starts have alot more new idea's. hoping to see a pick up of 50-100hp @ the same boost.

I'm just about to test an extrude honed stock manifold.....hold on for more fuel to the fire ;) and Millsi is getting a sweet custom inlet made right now, it'll also be the only change so a good back to back comparison on what gains you should see when you finally see the light ;)

the Hilux is hammering definitely got our work cut out for us :p he must have screwed some more boost in. i think the street machine article said it weighed around 3000lbs which is about what the Capri weighs. he is seriously considering radials after talking to a few guys, some have picked up time and MPH, he was wlways worried about 60' but some of the guys on radials are going in the low 1.2's. we might have to throw in some more boost also ;) if we can get rid of the issues we are having it should run alot faster. we checked the spark plug leads and the resistance was all over the place. got some new 11mm Eagle's will see if that helps.

ash, yeah gotta change that manifold, sucks only making power to 5500rpm ;) when the new motor starts have alot more new idea's. hoping to see a pick up of 50-100hp @ the same boost.

regardless, you guys and others like the blue hilux have done a mighty job..
:)

as i said before a whole new custom inlet manifold might pick up some power im hoping it does. we just wanted to show that those that can't afford it that there is nothing wrong with the factory unit when it's done right. not everyone is created equal, we have a very switched on fab guy who flow tests everything and knows just what to do. i can't wait till he designs a new manifold, if he could do what he did with a factory manifold imagine when there is no limits ;)

saw millsi's manifold, looked good. we looked at the side entry manifold but worked that front provided the best for us.