Tundra 5.7L Engine (Cut Away)

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
Round 2:
Tundra-5.7L%20011.jpg
Tundra-5.7L%20012.jpg
Tundra-5.7L%20013.jpg
Tundra-5.7L%20014.jpg
Tundra-5.7L%20015.jpg
Tundra-5.7L%20016.jpg
Tundra-5.7L%20017.jpg
Tundra-5.7L%20018.jpg
Tundra-5.7L%20019.jpg
Tundra-5.7L%20020.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_2101 (Large).jpg
    IMG_2101 (Large).jpg
    159.9 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_2102 (Large).jpg
    IMG_2102 (Large).jpg
    118.4 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2103 (Large).jpg
    IMG_2103 (Large).jpg
    170.2 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2104 (Large).jpg
    IMG_2104 (Large).jpg
    223.5 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2105 (Large).jpg
    IMG_2105 (Large).jpg
    195.6 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2106 (Large).jpg
    IMG_2106 (Large).jpg
    188.3 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2107 (Large).jpg
    IMG_2107 (Large).jpg
    174.5 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2108 (Large).jpg
    IMG_2108 (Large).jpg
    210.1 KB · Views: 2
Sweet, excellent photos.

Is the intake manifold on those engines actually plastic--or you think that one was just made that way and cut for the display like the clear valve cover? My roommate just commented on a lot of them being plastic now-days.

Its a reinforced resin but yeah - its plastic - that is a stock intake that has been cut.

Almost all the intake manifolds are plastic now. I think Prius may be the last metal one left.

it looks like some day someone is gunna be makeing block guards for those motors. Open deck. also it almost looks like it could be a G head.

it looks like some day someone is gunna be makeing block guards for those motors. Open deck. also it almost looks like it could be a G head.

I dunno - we're not having any issues with them in the 1.8L ZZ series motors even at over 600 to the tire... And thats just a 1.8L this is a 5.7... :D

Did you mean stock 1ZZ boosted up to 600WHP ??

Highest I've seen on a 1ZZ block is like 500 somethign to the wheels but stock rods and pistons are not good for anywhere near that - the rods collapse at like 250 to the tire.

The 2ZZ on the other hand is a different story. 666 whp is the highest I've seen on one. still no block guard but it did have darton sleeves and aftermarket pistons & rods. I've seen over 500 on Mahle pistons totally stock sleeves and stock rods.

Ooo shiny! Interesting to see floating sleeves, im sure they offer better cooling. Great photos!! I cant wait to have a 5.7 Tundra of my own :)

Ooo shiny! Interesting to see floating sleeves, im sure they offer better cooling. Great photos!! I cant wait to have a 5.7 Tundra of my own :)

Yeah - the cooling was actually too good - they have a plastic liner in the bottom of the coolant jacket thats a coupel inches tall to keep the bottom of the jugs a bit warmer.

Does anyone have the factory stats for this 5.7L motor?

Exactly how much horsepower and torque, etc....Curious as to what this motor can do with the stock Tundra restrictive exhaust...

Do you really think the exhaust is that restrictive?

I wouldn't be too surprised that you probably wouldnt get much, if any gain at all by modifying the exhaust. Ok a different muffler may open it a little but thats probably it. Chances are if you gain in one region you are losing in another with these bolt on things.

My point is, if Toyota can gain 5 hp over the entire powerband by smoothening one bend, why wouldn't they as long as it didn't cause any problems? Thats what it is about now in 1/2 ton trucks.

Stock exhaust is always restrictive on factory trucks... I would venture to guess with aftermarket headers, delete the cats, straighten out the exhaust piping and then throw on some high flow muffers I am sure you would gain way more then 5hp....

Tundra is not a sportscar to begin with so I am sure the factory exhaust is restrictive...