TT Lexus SC400

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

tEk

Okay.

I'm guessing that most of the people on this forum are from the USA? And i've recently learned that when the Toyota Soarer (Lexus SC400) was released in the USA, it was avaliable as the 4.0L V8 and the 3.0L (6cyl?). If thats not true then please let me know! But it sure would explain why i can't find much information on the 2.5L Twin Turbo 1JZ version of the same car on the net.

Because down here in Australia, we never had this car as a domestic release, so nearly all of them that are on the roads have been imported from Japan. ..and hey, there is more than you would expect, we love our imports down here :)

But you might see what i'm trying to get at, when i do searches for this car i find 99% of the information is for the V8 engine, but in Australia at least half of the Soarers* are equiped with the Twin Turbo engine. Now, i'm pretty sure that the TT is faster over the quater mile, but the V8 can get to 100km/h (60mph) faster. I've been looking for some real specs of this TT Soarer, but it's getting pretty hard to find. Am i just looking in the wrong place? (yeh.. i know this is a V8 forum! heh) or is the information just not readily available?

If anyone has done this type of research before, then it would be much appreciated if you could pass it on.. thanks a heap, in advance!

*btw, the car was released as the Lexus SC400/SC300 in USA, but in Japan it was the Toyota Soarer =)

hmm yeah. funny u suggested that forum.
i tried to get an account on ALSC so that i could search their archived forums.. thinking that the information i want is in there somewhere... and my membership was denied?!

they don't seem like a very friendly bunch. maybe it was me though =P

TEK,

No turbo version was release in the US. Only N/A Version. 2JZGE and 1UZFE no 1JZ. If you trying to put TT in your SC400, then u should wait a little. SC400T is working on a single turbo SC400.

Um, nah i'm not tryna do any type of conversions...

I am from Melbourne, Australia, and we have many TT SC400's around the place already. This is because nearly all of our "soarers" were imported from Japan, where the TT version was released.

I was just interested in some stats on the J-Spec (JDM) Toyota Soarer, which has the 1JZ-GTE, a TT engine.

note: in Australia, people have also converted their stock TT setup into a single turbo for increased peformance =)

Are you sure its Twin Turbo SC400 or Twin Turbo 1JZGTE? I have never heard of TT V8 Soarer as factory. Can someone enlighten me with J-Spec SC400.

Australia recieved the following:

SC400 V8 normally aspirated.
The SC300 normally aspirated 161 kw
Soarer GT. S/Tubo 3.0L 6 cylinder 176kw
Soarer GT Turbo. T/Turbo 2.0L 6 cylinder 147kw
Soarer GT. S/Turbo 2.5L 6 208 kw

No doubt there are a lot of modified vehicles brought into the country as well.