Triple pass radiators

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Guts

Thinking of getting one of these made for my lux. I also want to install an electric water pump so that when the motor is working slow in the rpm say 1500 to 2000rpm but under high load the water will still be pumped quickly to help with the cooling. Can I just simply put an electric water pump in the system with the standard water pump there or will the standard pump slow the water back down again if its only pumping slowly at low rpm`s.

Start with the big radiator, then do the pump.
EWP's are, 99% of the time, a waste of time and money.

99.9% of the time, and adequately sized radiator and a good thermo will do the job.
You want low rpm cooling, use a big thermo.

To put an EWP on the 1UZ is a bitch because you have to remove the whole front of the motor to get to the waterpump so you can remove its fins.

Peewee said:
99.9% of the time, and adequately sized radiator and a good thermo will do the job.
You want low rpm cooling, use a big thermo.
I`m running 2 10 inch fans which cover 100% of the width of the radiator and about 80% of the hight. The only bit of the rad they don`t cover in height is the bit behind the front crossmember (hilux)

I don't want a law suit for deformation thrown in my face, but I've had some experiences with Aussie Desert Coolers that I am not brave enough to disclose on a public forum. As a consumer, stick by your rights and watch every move they make, and check that you got what you paid for. Say no more!!! KPWEMU

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 30
Guts,
I would say your radiator is a bit small for the job.
You have to remeber these are all alloy motors and desipate a lot more heat than usual the cast iron motors.
You can use the standard sc400 computer thats controls the hydrualic fan to switch the thermos on and off.
I use it to control the two 14" electronic thermo fans on my SC and works a dream.
Switches on and off at the right temps.
Have you tried to see if the sc radiator would fit in the Hilux ?

Regards

Stephen

Took the lux for a highway run over the weekend to Singleton and back. Temp sat between 80 and 90 the whole way. Most of the time it sat on 80 to 85 and only went higher when going up hills, as soon as it was going down hill or on the flat again it dropped straight back down. Oh and before you ask no I wasn`t driving it like a little old lady.

Guts,

It sounds like it was running at the temps the thermosatat was designed for.

How does it go when wheelin?

I think it will need a bigger rad to survive some slow work as the fans just can't move enough air.

Yes gets hot wheeling.

Another thing I noticed was that the motor gets tappy after it has been working for long periods of time. I`m thinking I need to change the grade of oil I`m using. What is the recommended oil for these engines?
I have plently of oil pressor, its normally around 60 to 65 psi. On BIG!!!!!!! arse steep down hills (4x4ing) it goes to as low as 10.

Out of interest sack the oil temp sits on 100 deg cel on the highway but at wheeling speeds and around town it is normaly about 10 deg cel higher then the water temp. This is without the oil cooler hooked up.

My oil temps hover around 90degreesC most of the time.

I've had the oil gauge off the clock which is over 140degreesC with my last engine. At that temp the oil is being pushed beyond it's limits of recovery.