Tri-B---Brads BMW Build

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

motoracer47

Well, thats a bit of false advertising. This is where the build thread is going to be, but first I thought Id share some pics of my work space. I had noticed most build threads online you never really get to see where the work is being done, so before I get started on the swap, here are some pics of where the swap is going to happen. I live in an older, historic part of town, so all the houses are old, and most are single car garages. Luckily for me, there is also a workshop and storage attached to my garage!

Yea, its not pretty,and its quite old, but its clean, and ive got plenty of storage room, so its time to get busy!

Today will be basically the start...going to pull the BMW M42 engine and trans today.

More pics: http://picasaweb.google.com/motoracer47/BMWV8Build?feat=directlink

Attachments

• 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    179 KB · Views: 27
  • 011.jpg
    011.jpg
    162.2 KB · Views: 17
  • 012.jpg
    012.jpg
    137.9 KB · Views: 19
  • 015.jpg
    015.jpg
    134.1 KB · Views: 16
  • 019.jpg
    019.jpg
    167.6 KB · Views: 17
Looks the business Brad. Best of luck!

What's that saying about "From inauspicious beginnings......."

haha, hopefully so! thought about painting the walls, but im just renting, and didnt see the point. Im on the hunt for a 3bdrm 2 car garage, soon as I find one im grabbing it up. So who knows, might have to change these pictures soon, but, im trying to find a good deal, so might be here 6 months to a year.....might as well get started.

best of luck with build.I'm the guy who built one of these but all the photo's went when the site crashed.PM me if you want to know anything,the E36 is pretty easy swap but you will need a custom rear sump as the factory one doesn't fit.

Cheers
Robert

few more updates:

a good amount of the interior has been removed, and picked up a rebuild-able core Tremec T56. Tranny was $350, came with 2 input shafts, 2 front covers, trans mount, bellhousing, master and slave cylinders, and entire pedal assembly. I plan to sell the bellhousing, pedals and cylinders to someone as a group, then sell the spare input shaft and front cover. It does need a new secondary shaft, but I can grab one used for about $200

pics in the picassa web album link above

this is off topic, but I had to vent somewhere:

I missed buying the factory electrical wiring books for the following:
89 ls400
92 ls400
93-94 sc400
96 ls400
97 sc400
2001 gs430
2003 sc430

these were all on ebay, and I could have picked them up for about $40-50 shipped for all of them....and I friggin forgot about it!!! ahhhh!!!!