Tranny Confusion, frustration, etc..,help

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Vespr

Been having some strange problems out of my tranny. The tranny engages fine when the car is first started. It'll shift fine for a bout 5 miles, then nothing. No transmission action at all. Been wanting to swap out the tc for one of lex's stalled models anyway, so I did that. While I was there I replaced the oil pump since the bearings were looking kind of rough. Had the transmission looked through by a buddy who works for a trans shop and he said everything else looks straight. Put it all back together and the same problem's still there. Thinking maybe ECU? I'm open to all suggestions. Like I said, the only time the transmission engages at all is within the first few miles of driving, then nothing. Shut the car off for about ten seconds, start it back up, and the trans engages for another few miles. This is my first "newer model" project, so I'm still getting acquainted with the idea of working out moving part problems vs computer problems. Trying to get an understanding of how much the computer actually controls the tranny and how to fix this problem.

Hello,

Perhaps you should looking into the two selenoids within the valve body. I got a used transmission once and it drive find a low speed however, it would not shift.

the thing is, is that it does shift into all gears, but only for the first few miles. My previous research has lead me to believe that the trans would not change gears at all if it were the syllinoids

I am not a transmission expert but in order for the transmission to change gear, it get signal from the valve body. Perhaps someone can jump in and help out. From my personal experience, once of my selonoid wasn't working properly therefore my transmission wasn't shifting.

yeah brother, I'll definitely be checking that out. Like I said all suggestion is help. I was just trying to make sure it's not just electronic before I completely tear this tranny down. Thanks, truly.If anyone else knows anything about this issue, I am surely open to suggestion

It does not move at all after the warm up. It acts as if something is triggering it to revert to neutral and will not engage again until you turn the car off and back on again. We ran the codes today for the ECU and the TCM and no trouble codes are showing

Did u check the transmission oil level? I had that once.... When I fill tranny fluid the problem goes away.... Later that weekend my car completely dead and not moving at all..... I was time for a transmission.

I believe you have an internal hydraulic issue. But I can't see it from here, so I am not sure. :)

I seem to remember that if you unplug all of the ECU connectors from the tranny, it will just shift manually following the shift lever. Obviously no overdrive, but it should do 1-2-3-n-R-Park. If it stays driving like that then you problem is electronic. If it still stops driving, then it is mechanical/hydraulic in the box.

Gary M.

electronic trannies change shift based on the feedback from a few sensors such asthrottle position sensor, engin temp sensor, trnsmission temp sensor, speed sensor..,,etc. what model and year is your vehicle?