Toyota 5.0

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Mr.Cheeto

Well if been sneeking around this forum for the past 6months and have decided what I'm going to do. Note this project is just for shits and giggles also it would be kinda cool just to have one IMO. I have done a couple cars with just bolt on and such but have never popped open an engine so bare with I'm hoping to learn from this.

I want to build an all motor 5.0 2uz bottom with 1uz heads. My questions are:

Could I bore it out the extra .3L or would I have to go with a full stroker assembly. If so how much would I have to bore it out?

Secondly this build will be purely bolt on performance maybe 150
in the future but Im leaning torwards it being vvti would it benefit more from the bolt ons or should I go with a non vvti?

Thank you to anyone who responds.

It's doable and a bore will get you there.

Custom pistons will be needed and may as well do rods as well. For shits and giggles it won't be cheap?

If you are serious in progressing, I have a pair of VVTi heads for sale, with intake etc.

For what it'll cost you to do this, you could probably buy two Ford Coyote crate motors. Then you'll have your 5.0 liters, and plus, they'll be aluminum blocks, not cast iron like the 2UZ, so they'll probably weigh around 60 - 80lbs less. Probably be a lot easier hooking up a T56 to them too.

But if you hear this 5.0 2UZ project calling you, and you have deep enough pockets, then by all means get on with it! When you're doing a project like this, sometimes logic & rationale don't count for much. (Several of us have spent the equivalent of 4-5 Coyote motors on our 1UZ builds.)

Thanks guys and I am well aware that for the cost of this project I could buy a couple crate engines and maybe have money left over but I need a something to turn wrenches on and the fact that it'll be satisfyingly unique adds to it.

So far I've done 1/3 of the research an still have much to learn on these engines but hopefully ill get the ball rolling in the next couple weeks and ill probably add f/I into the mix later on down the road :p.

Justen ill let you know once I source a block

Also once its all said and done what should I drop the engine into? Any suggestions?

Lol that's if I can find one for a decent price. But I did find a website that makes mounts, and adapters to fit a 1uz to a 240sx with a z33 trans.

A forced induction VVT 1UZ built motor with 10.5 comp on E85 will haul any 5.0...
High compression, GOOD tune [Good ECU] with turbo is very responsive ...

Where do you live ??
A latter model Toyota 3UR family maybe easier ???
It's like taking the capacity of a 265 Chevy to 350..
It can be done.. But there's already production engines out there..
If you are an automotive machinist ???
Go for it... Latter model heads, induction breath so much better also...

Lol that's if I can find one for a decent price. But I did find a website that makes mounts, and adapters to fit a 1uz to a 240sx with a z33 trans.
dont buy this stuff. the guy's stuff doesnt fit right.
a few guys have had problems with the z33 stuff. me included

pretty sure the guy was called brett collins, plate i had a 3 holes were out, and he failed to inform me that the bellhousing needed machining to get proper engagement with the release bearing

Where do you live ??
A latter model Toyota 3UR family maybe easier ???
It's like taking the capacity of a 265 Chevy to 350..
It can be done.. But there's already production engines out there..
If you are an automotive machinist ???
Go for it... Latter model heads, induction breath so much better also...

I'm currently in new jersey . You have a point with the 3ur but that think is f'n huge. No I an not a machinist I'm a soldier. But thanks for the encouragement I look forward to see what you guys think after its all done.

In all honesty I'm just looking to make 500hp out of an all motor Toyota v8 and some engine building experience.

pretty sure the guy was called brett collins, plate i had a 3 holes were out, and he failed to inform me that the bellhousing needed machining to get proper engagement with the release bearing

next time try this guy www.xatracing.com. I've personally checked his plates, and the include the extended bushing so you don't have to machine your bellhousing down

Check..
http://www.lextreme.com/3URFE.html

Keep us posted whatever you do..
I use to be an N/A guy and since buying a Subaru WRX way back..
Which is a little 2Ltr turbo boxer engine. It changed my attitude..
I have converted all my daily drivers to forced induction..
Especially turbo's where power is adjustable...

Hi guy's

What's the deal with the 3URFE,

Are they available ( jap import joints etc etc), and how much coin are they selling for??

AND are they as a strong engine, or like from the first 1uz ( real strong) but the 3uz, not as strong, pissy rods etc.. bla bla bla,......:D

But you have to say, the Ford Coyote engine is good value , 5.0 at 412hp N/A for around 6300 USD brand new in the crate

next time try this guy www.xatracing.com. I've personally checked his plates, and the include the extended bushing so you don't have to machine your bellhousing down
ive already re-engineered the one i bought i made it thinner. plus ive just about finished an rb25 large casing gearbox adapter plate, just waiting on the machinists getting some spare time to complete it