Tightest headers for sc400 1uz?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Mikronized

Hey All,

I'm swapping a 1uz into my 4runner, and we're having trouble getting the headers to clear the framerails. I've heard that the stock sc400 headers are the tightest fit you can get, but I wanted to double check. Is there anything the hugs the block more then stock?

thanks a bunch!

what year runner are you using and staying with IFS or straight axle. How much body lift you have if at all? Is the header hitting or just the flange?
Im asking cuz i am getting closer to that step as well. Keep us updated on how its going and some pics woud be sweet.

You gonna go for a CARB legal swap?

aaron

UZS131 Crown headers

uzs131%20crown%20headers.jpg

what year runner are you using and staying with IFS or straight axle. How much body lift you have if at all? Is the header hitting or just the flange?
Im asking cuz i am getting closer to that step as well. Keep us updated on how its going and some pics woud be sweet.

You gonna go for a CARB legal swap?

aaron

going for carb legal... fingers cross.
I'm IFS with a 5.5 inch lift, and no body lift.
right now the header hits the back of the top A-arms.. cause the back dip down in the SC400 headers.

Stock manifolds of the GS430, SC430 or LS430 are single tube logs and very compact. Many who have upgraded to S&S headers would have stock pipes they would sell. Post a WTB on Club Lexus and of course Lextreme!

I will try to find some pictures and post. Also tight are the SC400 manifolds. Of course if you can fit them the S&S work SO much better!

Uhhh... just noticed this is an old thread. Oh well.